Yes...my very own brook and woodland.
Dropping by to say hello and give a quick update.
So many changes have taken place...changes that I knew would eventually happen.
The above image is the view from my bedroom window in my cottage...yes, I said cottage. Harmonie House, my most beloved home, is now a part of my past and its beautiful memories.
I've moved to a most enchanting little cottage in beautiful NY state.
I knew this would happen. It was bound to be so. The life I once knew was no longer and it was time to begin fresh...start from scratch...a whole new chapter or perhaps a new book. Time will tell.
Harmonie House was my haven where I lived my most happiest days and also the saddest of my life. It will always remain a part of who I am today...and so much of who I was. Those of you who have followed me these past 10 years (though most of those years I was away from blogland) will recall the stories and moments I shared...the tea parties, picnics, garden pics, poetry, Mr. Knightley's posts, and my journey of love with my beautiful fella, just to mention a few. Thank you for sticking around and for all your wonderful comments.
I thought I might close down this blog. But something tells me to keep it...and continue on under a new name. Let's see what happens.
By the way...did I tell you I adopted two more kitties not too long after Knightley's passing? Their names are Willoughby and Bingley, and they are my two loves. I'll need to share some photos of them and that of my cottage which is still in the early stages of becoming fully my very own.
In the meantime, I wish you all bliss and blessings for 2019.
To new beginnings...
Sandra
Ninth Brook Cottage

Oh Sandra! It's so nice to hear from you! So pleased to hear that you moved into a new home. A fresh start. That takes courage. I don't know where you were before, but N.Y. has a harsh climate (snow in your pic) just like where I am out in the country, around the Montreal, Quebec area. I so wish I could move somewhere warm, like Hawaii. Ah well....
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the 2 kitties. I'm thinking of adopting a couple of kitties also, but I like to travel and so will probably wait until I'm not doing that as much. We'll see. My granddaughter tries to convince me by showing me pics of sweet little irresistible kittens on-line. One of these days I know I'll give in!
I hope you don't close your blog. I think time away is normal; after all we have other things to do, but in the end, it's nice to come back here. We've made friends over the years and coming back is.... just nice! Oh, BTW, I'll have some more tea please. LOL.
Dear Wendy...
DeleteYou're such a dear! It's so lovely to see you. Yes about the harsh climate here in NY. I'm near Lake George, my favorite place in the world! New Jersey was cold at this time, but not this much. It's a good thing I love winter, right? Canada must be a bit on the colder side I imagine.
I'm on your granddaughter's side when it comes to kitties. You must definitely adopt one..or two...or (grins). They truly are amazing creatures. My boys keep me on my toes. I do understand waiting till you're traveling less though. I don't leave my boys for more than 2 nights as Ive yet to find a sitter for them.
I don't think I'll be closing the blog. I will have to change the name though. Let's see what happens. In the meantime, allow me to pour you some more tea. :-)
Till soon...hugs!
Sandra
A cottage, from which you can see a brook and wood land. How delightful!
ReplyDeleteWishing you all the best, in this new chapter in your life...
✨✨✨✨
Thank you so much! I really do love it here. Hugs!
DeleteSandra
When you have decided on a name, for your Dear Cottage, then you can change the name here. :-)))))
ReplyDeleteOr of course, you can change it any time, to any thing you wish! :-)
How very exciting!!!
✨✨✨✨
It is exciting!! Happily my cottage does have a name. Actually it had a name before I purchased it...Ninth Brook Cottage.
DeleteI like the sound of that for many a reason and so I decided to keep the name. And yes, I shall update the blog under the new name. :) xoxo
I was really happy to see you back here in Blogland. I so enjoyed your posts. You have been missed. Lake George is beautiful. I have visited there many times in the past. I wish you all the best. Please, do not close your blog. I disappeared for awhile myself, but one day came the urge to return. So glad I didn't delete. Again, welcome back.
ReplyDeleteDear Mary...so happy to see you!!! I too enjoy your posts. Lake George is a most amazing, beautiful place. I feel ever so grateful and blessed to live near there. Thank you for your wishes. I'll try and stick around much longer this time. By the way...I'm also glad that you didn't delete! Hugs!
DeleteHey Miss Sandra - My daughter is going to Lake George with her two children for Spring Break! Well, well, what a small world. I've never stayed there, but drove through on my way to Maine or Cape Cod over the years.
ReplyDeleteWhaddaya know? You're about 3 hours from me (I googled the driving time. LOL), so if you want to pop in for tea, you are most welcome. We might even have lunch or supper or anything else that's fun!
Keep warm - we're still in the middle of winter. Brrrrr.
Dear Wendy....
DeleteThe invitation and welcome goes both ways. Small world indeed! :-)
Trying to keep warm...truth be told, I'm ready for spring! You stay warm and cozy as well.
xoxo
Sandra
It's nice to meet you, I found your blog by clicking on your name above your comment you left below Mary's post.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about the passing of Knightley!
Hello Lon!
DeleteNice to meet you too. Thank you. Knightley was a very special kitty... one of a kind. I am happy though, to have Bingley and Willoughby in my life now. They're such sweet boys! What would life be without our pets? Thank you for stopping by and visiting. I hope you're having a lovely summer. :)
Hey there! Thank you for stopping by! I may have followed you years ago. I am so very sorry to hear that we are in the club no one joins willing. After six years, I have now begun an entirely new book with a new love. Never saw that coming! It is amazing to be fully alive again. I'll check out your instagram.
ReplyDeleteLovelovelove to you,
Deborah