Friday, May 11, 2012

Blogiversary, Bliss, This..that.

Sleeping through my blogiversary...sans the monkey of course!

My Dears,
It seems I slept through the month of April (not really). Why you wonder? It so happens I forgot all about my 3rd year blogiversary. *pouts* It came and went and I pretty much went on about my business without giving it a thought. Then again, I have been blogging less this past year...so it's natural that it should pass me by. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Anyhow, I thought I would go back and share my first post with you! Just click on HERE to take you there.

Since my last post, I've been doing a little of this and that around Harmonie House. I believe the most dramatic change in decor took place in the bathroom. I went from a lacy, cherubic, white shower curtain to a not so subtle, riotous display of...well....color. I find it to be a lovely design and it truly brightens up the room and makes me smile. *smiling as we speak* My fella, on the other hand, thinks the pattern reminds him of the outfits worn in the late 60's and early 70's. He's always smiling when he looks at the curtain too. Or is that a grimace? Hmmm...

Jaipur shower curtain by Echo Design.
Did you wear something like this in the 70's?

*pout* I think it's pretty..don't laugh! Anyhow, moving right along...after adding such a delightful spark of color to the bathroom, I decided to try my hand at something altogether different. Today I did some stenciling in the kitchen. Those of you who have been following my posts for quite some time will know that my favorite word is Bliss. *sigh* Even typing the word fills me with such...Bliss. So needless to say, this bare spot below my clock, and just above the sink, was crying out for Bliss...and dragonflies too! *winks* You must know I simply adore dragonflies. They make me feel rather blissful. Feeling rather adventurous, I decided to heed the call of Bliss and this was the result.

 I rather like it...and the fella does too!

Hanging pans alongside dried herbs...and Bliss.

I'm inspired to to take on every room, however even I know to exercise control in such matters. Heaven knows when I get on a roll, I can get a bit carried away. I may be better off following the decorating muse out into the garden. Hmmm...how would the Jaipur pattern look in the gazebo/tent? 
*Turns to the fella: "Don't worry honey...I'm just kidding!"* 
No really.... How about a set of mugs???

All right...I'll stop!
*smirks* But they still make me smile.

Anyhow...just thought I'd share my latest musings. I can go on and on but it's getting late. Perhaps next time I'll blog about food. I had the most amazing seared scallops in a smoked gouda sauce....*sigh*. That's a story for another time.

Till the next...I wish you Blissful Tidings!

xoxo
Miss Sandra







4 comments:

  1. Lovely post Sandra,made me happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela! It makes me happy to make my readers happy! Hope all is wonderful and most blissful in your world. xo
      Sandra

      Delete
  2. Hello Miss Sandra, I just want to let you know I have nominated you for a blog award.

    Love,
    jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jaqueline,
      Even though this is an "award free" blog, I want to thank you for being so sweet to think of me and choosing my blog.
      Be well and happy!! xo
      Blissful tidings,
      Sandra

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hello. I always read your comments and always respond within the same page. Please stay for tea and scones.
So lovely to see you!
xoxo
Miss Sandra