Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yoo Hoo! I'm back!

My Dears...

How have you been? It feels ever so long since I've sat down and chatted with each and every one of you. I know I left you all in a curious mode after my last post. Well since the dust is starting to settle, I shall share with you the latest change in my life.

After 40 years as a storefront, I closed my shop's door for good. I sold the building and moved the business home. So hopefully as of May, I will begin or should I say continue my business as a home based mail-order store. This was quite a decision, but one that couldn't be helped and was necessary. Now I hope my long-time customers will stay on board and keep the dream afloat through mail-order.

 Bins of 45's.

Let me tell you my friends...moving 40 years of "stuff" out of a building is no picnic. It took 5 large rental trucks (2 trips back & forth for each truck) and 3 large dumpsters to empty out the place and move the business home. It was quite the undertaking but thankfully I had some help. Needless to say, my sweet fella pretty much orchestrated the move and organization. We were fortunate to have friends and family lend a hand when they could. I never thought we'd get through it in the short amount of time between the final business day at the shop and the closing date of the building's sale. However..we did it!

 To my fella....I couldn't have done it without you. 
Thank you my dahling. *~x~*

So now I have a question for you all. What the heck happened to winter?? We actually experienced the winter that never was. Those who know me by now can imagine how bereft I felt without a nice, frosty winter to add comfort to my evenings. *sigh* Such is life I suppose. No doubt Mother Nature knows what she's about and one mustn't question such things. That said however, I still wonder...what happened?? *insert perplexed expression*

 Dear Mr. Snow Miser...
Where the heck were you this winter?

So moving on....

Now that spring is here and I have a bit more time at home, I guess I should concentrate on gardening. Then again, with spring fever keeping me in a frenzy, I've been thinking of ways to freshen up Harmonie House. Perhaps add some color here...throw some extra pillows there...add a conservatory to the library.
Okay, okay..maybe not a conservatory, but one can dream...no? Anyhow, I do digress. I am in spring cleaning mode and I have thought of doing some serious redecorating. I aim for whimsical. I aim for that sweet cottage look. I aim for dreamy. What shall it be? Wait and see. Actually, I too have to wait and see for I have no idea of where to begin. Any suggestions?

 Really...one can dream.

Easter/Passover came and went. I received my Easter basket, courtesy of my fella, and it was filled with all those necessities a woman requires: A bottle of wine, green Peeps, Dove chocolate bunny, Cadbury eggs, Lindt chocolates, a pretty scented candle with glass shade, and most importantly...a bottle of Nyquil. Yes my dears...my honey sure knows the way to my heart. I was having a bit of a cold at the time and had run out of Nyquil. Need I say that upon receiving my basket, I was overjoyed? Yes, and I couldn't wait to tear it up and drink up. No, not the wine....the Nyquil of course! I must say...it's the simple things in life that tickle my fancy.

Vino? Oh yes..thank you.

Chocolate? Mmmm..naturally.

Nyquil?? Absolutely! This one garnered kisses. Really.

 Let's talk about wellies. Yes my dears...those nice, colorful rubber boots. I love them and can't get enough of them. I have six pairs already, but I'm working on my 7th. I have fallen in love with a pair of Hunter glossy lavender wellies. *sigh* What's even better...I know my fella is in the process of getting them for me. I count the days till they arrive and I slip them on my happy feet! Come to think of it, I still need a pair in red, black, blue...even yellow! Oh dear. I may need some intervention real soon. Or not.
*winks playfully*

*le sigh* I'm in love.

It's funny the things that make the world go round. Yet I always prefer the simple kind of things. Okay, maybe a conservatory is not such a simple thing...but it is a dream, and dreams are what keeps us believing. They are what gives us hope and reminds us that not all is impossible. I believe that if we spend our days waiting for amazing moments...they will come. Life isn't perfect. I know that. You know that. It's all about the interludes my dears and life needs blissful interludes...we need them too.

I'm glad to be back and hope to blog more often. Mr. Knightley sends you oodles of purrs. To those of you who have stayed with me in blogland throughout my absence, thank you. It truly means the world.

As always...I wish you well. I wish you bliss.

xoxo
Miss Sandra

4 comments:

  1. Hello Sandra:
    What a delight to have you back and with so much news. It must have been something of a wrench to give up your store but we are certain that you will soon adjust to your new way of life. You certainly seem to have plenty of plans - which is always a good thing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jane & Lance,

      How lovely to see you! Yes it was something of a wrench to give up the store, especially after it's been such a landmark for so many years. However, I believe it was the right move. I'm hoping for good and exciting ventures ahead. I hope all is wonderful in your world. Thank you for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  2. So good to see you again Miss Sandra, and with such good and momentous news. I was worried there for a while.

    Lots and lots of luck with the new business, I'm sure it will go really well for you.

    Keep us updated on the decorating!

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jeanne,

      You are so sweet to have worried, but as you see it was all for the good. As for decorating...I'm still not sure what to do. I'd like to make things more cozy and colorful.

      How are things across the pond? I'm often reminding the fella that I'd like to visit England again. He'd like to learn more about his ancestry. We shall see where that takes us. ;)

      Thank you for the kind wishes my dear! It's always lovely to see you. I look forward to stopping by your blog and having a nice visit! Be well! xo

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hello. I always read your comments and always respond within the same page. Please stay for tea and scones.
So lovely to see you!
xoxo
Miss Sandra