Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Very First Time

...At blogging that is. Drawn by the pull, no the very innermost urge, no...DESIRE (yes!) to write, I decided to give blogging a try. So alas, here I am.

I'm moved by the beauty of nature and all that surrounds me. I'm inspired by the seasons and the little things that bring a smile to my face. So my musings for this evening shall be about Spring. Those who know me know that Winter has always been my season of choice however, even the snow queen needs a thaw. Besides, flowers make me smile.
I've heard nothing but constant rants lately over all the rain we're getting. Naturally I hold back the sassy remarks about this being April, and showers, and..well you get the point. I kindly remind them that flowers ,blooming trees, and beautiful, lush lawns will be the result of this deluge. At least that's what I tell myself...and it works! Rain holds a particular magic for us all.

Think about it. Rainy days go well in hand with a good book and a comfy throw...
a cup of tea and a classic film. How about baking?? Some days cleaning is the perfect way to spend a rainy day. If one doesn't have the luxury of being home on such a day but is stuck behind a desk at the office...no problem. That's when you are grateful for not missing out on a perfectly lovely day. Does that make sense?

Nevertheless, it's all about appreciating the moments..each and every one of them. For without them, what would make up our lives? I am grateful for the rain, snow, the good, and yes..even the bad, for without it how can I know and appreciate all the good life can bring?

I'm not sure if I meant to be philosophical tonight but once I begin rambling, anything goes. Besides, I'm having a bit of blogger's block. Perhaps that's a sign to quit while I'm ahead. *sigh* All right. I guess it's time to call it a night and wish everyone a most lovely slumber filled with delightful dreams. Have a beautiful Spring day tomorrow....even if it is raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hello. I always read your comments and always respond within the same page. Please stay for tea and scones.
So lovely to see you!
xoxo
Miss Sandra