Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Of This And That And Bliss!

outdoor dining by candlelight

My Dears,

How lovely to be back amongst you all. I've been a busy drag
onfly fluttering about here and there, but alas, here I am sitting once again at my desk. I hope you had a lovely Memorial Day Weekend filled with joy, but also keeping in mind and heart the true meaning of the holiday.

This past month, my fella and I took a ride to Lake George and spent a lovely time in the town of Bolton Landing. There we stayed at the Boathouse Inn (right up my alley), and visited the sights thereabouts. It was my first time visiting Lake George and the Adirondack area. I must say the majestic vistas, verdure splendor, and crystal waters held me spellbound in its beauty. Would I visit again? Oh indeed I would..after all, we had a most blissful time.

The Boathouse Inn...circa 1917


View from our room. Isn't it lovely?


...another majestic view

...view from the boat during a riveting ride on the lake.


..yes it was quite windy on the back porch of the Boathouse.


Blissful after a lovely meal at the beautiful 1898 Inn At Erlowest. (Lake George)

I've been trying to get my yard/garden in shape and some kind of order so that I can begin my picnic/cookout gatherings. We broke in the new grill this weekend, so at least we've got a good start! Now it's time to find the right metal garden gazebo to create an outdoor living room in a sweet secluded corner. I also have to make a visit to the herb farm and pick up my usual selection for my potted kitchen garden. So as you see, I have lots to keep me busy.

A cozy spot in the garden...come sit and enjoy!!

I've kept Mr. Knightley from hijacking my computer again..though I must admit he did write the sweetest post for Mother's Day. He's such a boy!! I simply love him oodles and oodles. I also love to share pictures of him while he's stretched out and snoozing away. He has no idea what Mama is up to when he sleeps.

*smiles wickedly*My adorable one...snoozing away.

On the way back home this weekend, my fella and I drove on a road called Hawk's Nest on RT. 97 along the Delaware in NY. What a breathtaking view and what a wonderful photo op!



View of the Delaware from Hawk's Nest.

Looks foggy but somewhat mystical..don't ya think?

My dahling and I at Hawk's Nest.

So you see, I've been living moment by moment, day to day, bliss to bliss. I see the sun beyond the gray clouds..I see the moon and stars when none is apparent...and I can still hear the music long after the tune has been played. Embrace each moment my dears, and remember to find your bliss!!

xoxo
Miss Sandra



25 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! The boat house looks like a wonderful place to stay. I'm glad you had such a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kim,
    Thank you my friend! It was indeed a lovely place to stay, but I think the Inn At Erlowest is even lovelier..you'd love it! We did have a great time and look forward to doing it again.
    Hope all is well with you and baby. :) love ya!
    xoxo
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're having such a wonderful time! Wonderful views, and the stars up there must have been amazing (the Adirondacks are a "dark sky" area where you can get amazing views of the stars at night. I've only visited the dark sky area in PA, but it is lovely!!) Please let me know when you plan to journey to the herb farm. I stunted my genovese basil seedlings :O My thumb gets slightly greener every day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Joie,
    The stars were indeed quite amazing. The weather was a bit cool that week, but nevertheless, we sat outdoors to look at the beautiful night sky. I plan for the herb farm next Wednesday if I can have someone to keep shop for me. I'll keep you posted. Miss ya and love ya!
    xoxo
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Pictures! And I don't mean of the gorgeous scenery either, although it is lovely. I mean, of the someone who looks as if he was worth the wait. I am sooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!

    Btw, I know how lovely it is, in Lake George Adirondack area. Because I live a few miles south of Lake George. [Did you notice signs along the way, for the Victorian City where the horses run in August? ,-)]

    But back to the really important "stuff." He is gorgeous and you are gorgeous. And he must be just as wonderful, inside... as out. He has to be! To have captured your heart.

    Mmmmmm, did I say I was happy for you? :-)

    Yes I did!

    But it bears repeating. :-)

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest, it is so nice to see you again, and your pictures are just stunning. The music, your man, you, the lake....WOW!!!! Thank you for your gracious comments and visit. Enjoy your beautiful life everyday!!!! BISOUS! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Auntie,
    Thank you!! I knew that you would be happy to see pictures of my sweet beau. Yes..he is quite wonderful..truly a good man...and yes, I think he's gorgeous too! *smiles*
    And yes, I must tell you that I thought of you when I drove past your exit. I mentioned to my fella.."Oh! Auntie Amelia lives in these parts." So needless to say, I waved to you as we drove by.
    Hugs my dear!! xoxo
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Dear Anita,
    Thank you!! I'm always happy to see you've dropped by to visit. May you also enjoy your beautiful, magical life..I consider you a kindred soul.
    Bisous!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos, lovely place, from a most lovely person :0) Glad to hear you enjoyed such magical getaway! (thank you for your visits and comments, they mean a lot! :0) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Alina,
    Thank you so much for the kind words. You know quite well I enjoy my visits to the Purple Caravan. I find it a most lovely getaway and will stop by again very soon. I hope all is well with you my dear and that your world is ever filled with joy..and bliss of course!
    xoxo
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miss Sandra-

    So glad that you're out and about having some summer fun! Lake George looks breathtaking. Love all the photos. Your candlelit garden at dusk looks magical. And even Mr. Knightly looks as though he's been very busy! With all the hectic fun of the nicer weather, enjoy the relaxing moments while you can. :-)

    -Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Pam,
    How have you been? How lovely to see you. Thank you for your sweet comments. Oh that Mr. Knightley..he's been busy all right..sleeping, eating,and chasing whatever may flutter his way. *smiles* That's my boy!
    I hope all is wonderful in your world. I wish you a blissful, relaxing summer.
    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Miss Sandra,
    So many wonderful photos and words that I don't even know where to start. I'll just say, lovely post!!!
    Machelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Machelle,
    Thank you so much...and thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to see you. Have a lovely weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful place! You and your beau make a gorgeous couple:).

    Blessings,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Kim,
    How lovely to see you! I'm so thrilled for you and wish you well in your new place. Thank you for the kind comments. Life has been wonderful! May your world be filled with bliss.
    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful pictures!!! I walked down the aisle at my wedding to "Moon River" (instrumental guitar version provided by my dad), so this made my visit to your blog even more enjoyable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Miss Sandra! What gorgeous pics! You have been having lovely adventures - that boathouse! Lucky you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Baroness,
    How lovely to see you. How sweet that your dad provided the music for your wedding..that was one special touch. Thank you for stopping by. I shall visit you again real soon and see what new/old fabulous outfits you'll be wearing!

    Dear Carousel Dreams,
    Thank you so much! I have indeed been having lovely adventures. I hope to have many, many more! So lovely to see you. I hope your computer issues will soon be at an end and we'll be able to stop by and visit your lovely part of the world.

    Hugs to you both!!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is lovely!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Everyone needs to get away once in a while for a little r&r.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Paris Pastry,
    Thank you! Indeed I had a wonderful time. I'm ready to get away once again real soon! I so enjoy stopping by your place to see all the yummy creations from your kitchen. Needless to say, I'll be doing quite a bit of baking from here on. Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks so beautiful!!
    Moon River sung by Audrey Hepburn, good choice!=)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear Adventures..
    Thank you for stopping by and for following. How nice to meet you! I will be stopping by your place to visit very soon!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous post Miss Sandra - you and your fella make a very handsome couple I must say!

    Lake George and Bolton Landing look so blissful! And The Boathouse! What can I say - it looks wonderful.

    So glad life is treating you well my friend.

    Jeanne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Jeanne,
    Thank you ever so much! I hope all has been wonderful and quite blissful on your side of the pond. I wish you a most lovely summer my dear!
    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hello. I always read your comments and always respond within the same page. Please stay for tea and scones.
So lovely to see you!
xoxo
Miss Sandra