Friday, May 7, 2010

Mr. Knightley's Take on Mama


Dear Bloggers,

While "Mama" is downstairs busy with laundry, I thought I'd take this opportunity to sneak into her writing room, sit on her comfy chair, and hijack her blog. I've always been curious as to her doings on this contraption, but after reading through her blog pages, I can see why she shows such enthusiasm over this silly thing anyway. I believe I shall forgive her lapse of attention over me during her time spent on this silly machine and... *coughs* "Cchheh..cchheh!!"
Ahem...sorry...hairball. Now where was I?

Ahh yes...

Since Mother's Day is coming up..I thought I'd surprise her by posting in her blog...in her honor of course! Most will say that having a pet (notice I did not say owning) does not equate to parenthood status. As the doted fur-child of this most wonderful woman I call Mama, I must beg to differ. She caters to my every whim...feeds me only the best cuisine...gives the best loving hugs...speaks to me in the most silly manner...allows me to drape myself over her (see pic above).. gets me to the vet for my yearly shots (no..I do not like that)...even cried (okay..practically bawled) when she caught my tail in a door...and allows me to snuggle up beside her every night while she sleeps (do not believe her when she says I snore). She calls me her little-man, her munchkin, (though I'm still not certain I like that)...her precious boy...her joy..etc., etc. I believe I like it best when she calls me the prince of this castle. After all, this is my domain and I do as I please. I just allow her to think otherwise. Excuse me please..*takes moment to lick self*.

Needless to say, though she may not be of the feline kind, she is my Mama...and I want nothing more than to continue to give her joy by allowing her to adore me as she does.

So dearest Mama...I want to wish you a very Happy Mother's Day. You cannot imagine the joy I beheld when you rescued me from that cage in the shelter back in October of 2005. I'm happy to be your "baby" (just don't expect me to admit it again). I love you Mama.

To all of you Mothers (of human children or the fur kind) I wish you a very Happy Mother's Day.

Most Sincerely,
Mr. Knightley Of Harmonie House

"cchheh..cchheh!!"



20 comments:

  1. How cute! And a mama is a mama whether with fur children or otherwise. Having nursed two sick cats, I can certainly attest to the dedication and hard work. Except when your mama tells you something, Mr. Knightly, you do not respond with "Nooooo" :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely post. Mr. Knightley sure is special. My little lady is such an oldtimer now that she seems as if she is my mama. She tells me when to get up and when I am allowed to sleep...when she is hungry....and what kind of treats she wants. Give that boy a hug for me.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is soooo beautiful! :0) Have a wonderful Mother's Day xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Knightly,

    You are a most lucky feline to have such a caring, talented Mama. I am the mama to two felines myself (Penelope Confectionary and Phoebe Delphinium) and I must say that you felines makes the best children. You rarely talk back, and never get too old to be doted over with hugs and kisses! I wish your mama a Happy Mother's Day. You are one lucky pussycat to have her!

    -Pam (a mere human)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a very warm, loving caregiver, Mr Knightly!
    Happy Mother's Day, Miss Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Dears,
    Thank you to each and every one of you. I am fortunate to have the unconditional love of such a sweet kitty. I feel blessed to have him. He has helped me through many a rough time in my life.
    I wish you ladies an absolutely wonderful Mother's Day..no matter what kind of child you may have (fur or human).
    You are all quite special and help to make my blog a very sweet place.:)
    Hugs all around!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Mr Knightley, sir,
    Glad to see you've caught the blogging bug. How long before you have your own site: Mewings From Harmonie House, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Orso Sir,
    Thank you kindly. Mama is afraid of me having my very own blog..I have no idea whatsoever why that would be. Perchance she thinks I'd be writing about her daily doings? Why would such dribble interest me? We felines have other, more exciting interests..such as the latest mousecapade, the birds I view through the windows, my yummy fish meals, and my nightly ritual of running through the house like mad. *sigh* I love Mama..but her life seems quite dull to suit my tastes. *yawn* Time for nap. Cheerio!!
    Mr. Knightley

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Mother's Day to you! Your cat thinks like my dog, she dislikes the time I spend crocheting and destroys my work whenever she can! O, the time mother's are expected to give!
    Have a great one!
    Machelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Miss Sandra, I've left something for you at my Caravan :0) please stop by and get it xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Miss Sandra... you have a lovely and cozy home.... Mr Knightley is very fortunate to have you for his mommy...

    cielo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Machelle & Cielo,

    Thank you so much for stopping by and your kind comments. So lovely to see you.

    Alina..thank you so, so much!

    Hugs to all!!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest Miss Sandra!

    Thank you for coming by and leaving such kind comments! Oh how I just want the world to be kind. You are always welcome to come and sip some tea, dream and invent beauty. I love your kitty! He is so smart and he is right, this world of blogging is fabulous!

    Take care dearest, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Miss Sandra! Thank you for following my blog. Mr. Knightley seems like the sweet namesake from "Emma." I named my own fur kid (a pug) Jane Eyre. Hope you had a great mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Anita,
    Raising my cup of tea to you! Mr Knightley sends warm purrs your way also. Look forward to stopping by your beautiful world very soon!

    Dear Meg,
    You are very welcome! Thank you for stopping by to visit! Yes, Mr. Knightley's name was inspired by Jane Austen's dashing gentleman. I had already had a parakeet named Mr. Darcy, so Mr. Knightley was still up for grabs. :) I love that you named your pug Jane Eyre..no doubt it must suit her..how cute!! Hope you also had a lovely mother's day! Do stop by Harmonie House as often as you'd like.

    Hugs to you both!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Miss Sandra, there is no need to apologize about the Award. It's yours to do whatever you wish :0) Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such heartfelt comments. Have a great weekend! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  17. These kinds of posts, are so cute. :-))))

    And I see you seem quite busy, without much time to blog. Which I see, as wonderful. Less blogging sad poetry and lots more living life happily. I certainly hope...

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Alina,
    Thank you so much for understanding. You are so sweet to have thought of me. Hope all is well and wonderful!!

    Dear Auntie,
    Thank you dear! Yes..less time to blog, and life has been absolutely divine. I'm happy, blissful, and smiling. Always lovely to see you.

    Hugs to you both!!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are the best cat-mama I know!

    Love you oodles,

    Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kim,
    ...and you are going to be super-cool mom!! I can't wait to know if you're going to have a boy or gal! Love you oodles and oodles too!
    xoxo
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hello. I always read your comments and always respond within the same page. Please stay for tea and scones.
So lovely to see you!
xoxo
Miss Sandra