I see that "Mama" hasn't posted since the beginning of the month. I thought it would behoove me to hijack her computer and post something before her followers drop off..due to lack of prose of course. I know how much she enjoys this blog and sharing with you the tidbits of her life. No doubt she'll be back soon enough when the mood strikes...and no doubt she'll have something interesting to share...perhaps not as interesting as my own musings, but she does try.
I guess I should wish you all a Happy Summer on her behalf, for I know she would do so. She's been out and about in this dreadful heat..to and from work..out with the fella..or out in the garden. This weather is simply for the birds...now I know why they call it the "dog" days of summer. *grins* I won't say she enjoys the summer heat, for I know she doesn't. She's a winter gal you know. Anyhow.. *coughs* "Cchheh..cchheh!!" Oh! Pardon me...I do shed more at this time of year you know. Where were we? Ahh yes...summer and Mama. Oh never mind..that isn't interesting anyway. Let's talk about me.
Let's start with that dreadful picture of me that "MOTHER" shared in her most recent post. Had I known she was going to do that, I would have taken over the database and erased all those incriminating shots. Would you all believe me if I told you that the cat lying prostrate in slumber on the orange couch wasn't me? It was my cousin Harold who was visiting from England. He's quite fond of the refreshing cup or should I say bowl? So, I celebrated his arrival by opening a bottle of Pimm's. As you can see by the photo, he drank more than his fare share. Quite rude, I might add, to behave in such a manner on his first visit to the states. *pauses to lick paw*
"Ahem!" Needless to say, please disregard that odious photo of me..errr I mean my cousin Harold.
Oh dear...I do believe I hear Mama stirring about. I guess I better log off before she catches me at her "post". I suppose I should bid you all a fine evening..or day..depending on when you're reading this. Stay cool in the heat and keep away from the Pimm's..after all, you saw what it did to poor Harold.
*startled pause* Oh no..I feel a hairball coming up!
Until The Next....for you know I'll have plenty to say. *mischievous grin*
(cat extraordinaire)
"Cchheh..cchheh!!.....drats!"
Good Evening Mr. Knightley,
ReplyDeleteWhat would our humans do without our talented services. My mama has been so busy with her garden and yard she barely touches the computer some days. It is up to me to visit my friends and keep tabs on the happenings around the blog universe.
Happy summer to you as well and do stay cool. We black furry kitties need cool places in this heat.
Good night,
Miss Cindi Lou Who
Dear Miss Cindi Lou Who,
ReplyDeleteGood day to you. Truly I wonder..what would our humans do without us? They are fortunate to have our guidance..though they think otherwise.
Thank you kindly for the summer wishes. I do agree a nice cool spot keeps us contented all summer long...as do naps, treats, etc..but you know this of course!
Have a delightful day Miss!
Mr. Knightley
Hello Mr. Knightley!
ReplyDeleteI hope that you & Miss Sandra are holding up under the heat! It is terribly hot down our way! We can hardly do anything but mope around the house!
Mr. Boopy & Miss Dona, dachshunds to Miss Elizabeth
Dear Mr. Boopy & Miss Dona,
ReplyDeleteThank you for taking the time to write. Tis the first time I correspond with dachshunds and I must say you both seem to come of polite society. I am sorry that the heat is keeping you moping about. Drink plenty of fluids and do keep cool as best as you can. Do send Miss Elizabeth kind regards on behalf of my Miss Sandra (Mama).
A delightful day to you...
Mr. Knightley
:-))) Me'thinks Dear Mr. Knightly gets to coughing, the way that Pinochio's nose grew, when he "prefabricated." -gigggggles-
ReplyDeleteBut yes thanh you Dear Mr. Knightly, for filling in for absent "Mama." It's nice to see a post here, now and then. But I'd also rather that "Mama" be ennnnnnnnjoying Real Life, than blogging. You know I would.
Gentle hugs to you and to "Mama" and wondering if she read 'Jane Austin Ruined My Life,' by Beth Pattillo? ,-) Betcha' she did. Or if not, betcha' she'd love it.
More gentle hugs... 'Cause, we can never get too many! :-)
Good thing you are there to help mommy out Mr. Knightly...and might I add I do love this handsome picture of you!! My Mocha might just have a crush on you. :)
ReplyDeleteMy Dear Mr. Knightly-
ReplyDeleteI know how it is to be a human who is enjoying summer and not taking the time to visit the computer or blogland very much! Tell your Mama not to worry. We humans are loyal beings (much like dogs) and will always come back to her blog to check in. Wishing you, your Mama and her beau a fun and memorable Summertime! :-)
-Pam
What an adorable post! A happy summer to you from Our Scented Cottage!
ReplyDeleteOh, thank you for the smile you've put on my face! Please tell Miss Sandra I miss her! By the way, you ALWAYS look VERY handsome in ALL your photos XO
ReplyDeleteDear Aunt Amelia,
ReplyDeleteThank you for stopping by to read my post. I do rather Mama enjoy life and leave the blogging to me. *grins*
I do not believe she has read the book you suggested. I shall relay the info. You are a nice auntie...she'll be happy to receive your hugs.
Dear Vintage Sage,
Thank you..I pride myself at being nothing but helpful and adorable. I also enjoy being handsome. I'd like to know more about Mocha.
*winks*
Dear Pam,
Mama will be happy to hear about your loyalty. I personally must say however that Mama (as a human) is as loyal as they come, but there is nothing dog-like about her. Perish the thought! Just my humble opinion you know..nothing against dogs *smirks*. I shall wish Mama and her beau a wonderful summer on your behalf. Thank you kindly.
Dear Laura,
Thank you ever so much. I strive to be adorable, handsome, intelligent, witty..and all that good stuff. I am so happy you noticed and appreciate my post. Thank you for your summer wishes...the same to you.
Dear Alina,
You are quite welcome. I like to make people smile...better that than sneezing. I shall convey to Mama that you miss her. How nice of you. As for your compliment on my photos. I thank you kindly..you are quite the nice woman. It shows good taste on your part.
To you all I wish a good day and a most delightful summer. I guess my Mama would send hugs...
Mr. Knightley
What absolute gem this post is. Thank you for making me smile Mr Knightley. Tell your mama we will always be here to read her posts, and yours of course, which are most amusing!
ReplyDeleteBobbi and Jess are quite overcome after catching a glimpse of your shiny coat and handsome whiskers. They have taken to their beds in quite a swoon.
Wishing you all a most glorious summetime!
Jeanne
x
Ah, Mr. Knightly, what a wonderful life you have. Such a wonderful mama. Take good care of her. Love the new look.
ReplyDeleteMary
Dear Jeanne..
ReplyDeleteBobbi & Jess? My curiosity is peaked. I'd love to share a glass of Pimms with two pretty British kitties. *grins*
Thank you for stopping by...Mama says she must stop by and pay you a visit. She enjoys your blog very much.
Dear Mary...
I do have quite the wonderful life...she does take quite good care of me. Naturally I reward her by allowing plenty of head scratches and by sitting on her lap. I shall endeavor to take good care of her. I will relay your message about the new look. I know my Mama thinks you are a very nice blog friend. I shall now thank you on her behalf.
A delightful day, eve, and summer to you both!
Mr. Knightley