The sun is shining brightly outside my writing room window. The green of the privet hedge is deep in verdure splendor..not surprising given the amount of rain we've had the past couple of days.
Mr. Knightley is presently visiting the land of nod..snoring sweetly while in slumber....curled up into the cutest, softest, and most velvetiest of coats I've ever felt . Funny how dear the sound of a snoring kitty can be.
So here I sit..soft music providing the soundtrack for this moment and my thoughts cascading through these fingers as I type. I want to share with you my bliss of the day. Now you all know I am all about finding bliss wherever I may be...and bliss comes to us in many ways, shapes, and forms. Funny that I should be at my shop when bliss came to me. I should really say it was delivered...in the form of roses. One dozen red beauties....from my sweet fella.
I took a rose in hand and gently caressed its form. I looked at its simple beauty and wondered...what is this rose saying? What story do these delicate layers of petals have for me? Can these roses feel the vibes emanating from me..the vibes of dreamy bliss?
Amazing the effect of such bliss on the human emotion. Surprise...sweet mush in the form of sappy sighs...and finally the smile that stays and lingers. Yes..bliss caught me unawares this afternoon, but when it came the result was instantaneous. Silly girl. I'm still smiling...still blissful.
May bliss find you always!
xoxo
Miss Sandra
It's so nice to see you have posted again. I've missed you. Those roses are gorgeous. I just got a dozen not too long ago for my birthday. Tell me, does Mr. Knightley try to eat them? My Minga does, so therefore, any fresh flowers must be kept out of her reach.
ReplyDeleteMary
It is always such a bliss to hear from you! Glad to know you had a magical day xx
ReplyDeleteDear Mary,
ReplyDeleteThank you..so nice to be missed and you are such a dear. Mr. Knightley did try to eat my roses..when I snapped the picture, he had given up. Still, I put them away to a spot he cannot reach. I hope all is lovely in your world. Till the next!
Dear Alina,
Thank you..always lovely to hear from you. Yes, it was a magical day..a surprise out of the blue. Hope your part of the world is filled with magic as well!
Hugs to you both!
Sandra
Dearest Miss Sandra!
ReplyDeleteYour flowers are just lovely and isn't it wonderful how things like this can move us so? I was in my studio the other day, just drawing and creating and just the right music playing at a certain moment gave me such "bliss" as well.
Thank you for visiting my blog and as always, at the few times that our paths do cross, it is blissful, indeed.
Enjoy another day of sublime beauty...Anita
It's blissful reading this lovely post dear Sandra. So glad to see you back. How thoughtful of your man to send you these beautiful roses - I see Mr Knightly is enjoying them too.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day.
Jeanne
x
Dear Anita,
ReplyDeleteIndeed, music can also provide us with sweet bliss. I love visiting your enchanting blog. It always takes me away to another world filled with dreams coming alive. You are such a dear and I do enjoy your visits! Have a lovely, dreamy day!
Dear Jeanne,
Thank you!! So lovely to see you again. Yes, it was quite thoughtful of my fella to surprise me in such a dear fashion. He is truly thoughtful..and sweet. Mr. Knightley was having a field day with these roses..I had to move them away from his reach for fear he might chew up the leaves. Silly boy. :)
How are things at the cottage? I must stop by real soon. You have such a lovely place, and I do so love England. Have a beautiful day!
Hugs to you both, my dears!
Sandra
What a wonderful surprise! Mr. Knightly seems to agree... you have one thoughtful fella there! Simply gorgeous.
ReplyDelete-Pam
Dear Pam,
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to see you! Hope you've been well and joyful in your lovely world. Indeed, I do have quite the thoughtful fella...I'm feeling very blessed. Thank you for stopping by. It's always nice to see you!
Hugs,
Sandra
"...from my sweet fella"
ReplyDeleteNow those are wonderful words to read here!!!! Oh I am so happy for you, I could burst!!!!
Hugs, hugs, hugs...
Dearest Auntie,
ReplyDeleteYou are ever such a doll! Yes..he's sweet and so much more. I find myself quite blessed and ever so blissful..I smile a whole lot more these days too. ;)
I hope life is sending you oodles and oodles of joy, laughter, and most of all blessed bliss.
Hugs,
Sandra