My Dears,
Just dropping by to say hello! Things have been quiet this week at Harmonie House. The weekend was another story. I hosted my annual Christmas Tea and had a lovely time amongst the Victorian/Edwardian clan. I must add however..I hosted the affair with barely a voice, for I came down with a nasty cold that weekend.
So I squeaked my way through the festivities. I made my opening comments (after ringing the bell to gather all around the dining room table), went back and forth into the kitchen to keep the kettle going, and managed to spend some time with each guest. Surprisingly enough, they didn't keep their distance from me considering I had just started this cold.
The spirit of Christmas was in the air and we were all children again...especially during the Secret Santa ceremony where all the ladies gathered to open their gifts. Now you must know that in this group of friends the majority are seamstresses and we all look forward to our handmade gifts. I made a pretty tapestry evening bag for my recipient and included a 20's/30's music cd for her enjoyment. I received long white evening gloves to be worn with a ballgown, an embroidered sampler, some dragonfly tea towels (I love dragonflies), and vintage linens.
The women giggled with glee. The men, who are not participants in the Secret Santa, gathered in different parts of the house (mostly around the dining room table munching away) and discussed anything but linens and underpinnings. *smiles*
After the opening of gifts..most gathered around the piano for some traditional caroling. This is one of my favorite moments of the day. Unfortunately, I could only lip-sync for as I've said..I had very little voice left. I pouted as my favorites were played and sung..but of course, I smiled for the enjoyment surrounding me. It was lovely.
So for days after..till now, I've stayed in and have been keeping myself medicated and rested. Today I'm back at work and grateful for those lovely moments....and for the gift of friendship.
I apologize for not having posted pictures. There were very few taken this time around.
I hope you've all been well and jolly! Stay warm and keep healthy!
xoxo
Miss Sandra

Sounds like a wonderful party. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. This weather has been so up and down that lots of people are getting sick behind it. Take care of yourself.
ReplyDeleteMary
Your party sounds wonderful and I hope you are feeling much better!
ReplyDeleteMary & Laura,
ReplyDeleteThank you dears. The party was quite wonderful..though I did feel pretty crummy. I'm happy to report that I'm feeling much better these days. Thank you for your well wishes!
hugs,
Sandra
Soooooo sorry about the cold! But hope it's going, going, going. And you'll be healthy for next week.
ReplyDeleteOh what a tree!!!!!!! Now THAT is a Victorian Tree!!!
And glad that your Tea was at beginning of the cold, so you could at least have some fun. Not nice to be down-and-out, when you are the Hostess. :-)