Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday Morning After The Snow


Good Morning Dears,

After all the hype, all the emergency warnings, and all the preparation hoopla...we got our snow. Granted my share was pretty small, but still lovely to see. This morning, while still in my PJs but all bundled up, I headed out to snap some pics.
There is nothing as invigorating as that first gulp of snowy winter air! I stepped outside and found myself deeply immersed within my element...winter and snow. S'wonderful!!

My carriage covered in the white stuff!


A side view of Harmonie House


The tall, majestic pine in the yard.

Oh! I failed to mention that I also indulged in one of my snowtime pleasures...I took off my Big Girl hat..and put on my Little Girl bonnet and proceeded to make Snow Angels!! C'mon! Tell me you aren't tempted to do the same..why shouldn't you? Go out there and make one now!! After all, we still have the inner child within us. Go out and play..this is what life is all about...simple pleasures. Indulge... for life is too precious to waste a single second. Have fun, enjoy the moment, and do whatever your heart desires!! Happy snow my dears!!


The lady of Harmonie House's snow angel!


Sweet winter dreams and pleasures to all!

xoxo
Miss Sandra



8 comments:

  1. Dearest Miss Sandra, I love this post, and thank you for stopping by my blog! I agree, make snow angels! They're beautiful and remind us that angels are everywhere. Harmonie House looks so cozy, wrapped in her luxurious white blanket! Your photos tell me you're tucked inside, all warm and happy. Merry Christmas~

    ReplyDelete
  2. At last you have your snow! Harmonie House looks beautiful in her snowy mantle and I can just imagine the cosiness inside. We had snow too - it arrived on Friday and amazingly it hasn't disappeared yet which is what usually happens when we get snow in our neck of the woods!

    Jeanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, fresh snowfall! S'Wonderful! Harmonie House looks so festive with the wreaths in every window. We, too, had snow yesterday. But alas, if I managed to get down in the snow to make a snow angel, I wouldn't be able to get up...ha!

    Happy Snow Day to you, Miss Sandra!

    -Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you didn't get deluged with snow. Just enough to look pretty. And to have lots of fun with. Taking pictures and making a snow angel!!!

    We aren't going to get any of this storm either, but we will probably get the one, predicted for Christmas Day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures. We got about 13 inches of snow here in Brooklyn. Sadly, it so quickly changes here. It is now gray, slushy, and yukky. All except for my back yard which I am hoping my son will get a picture of. I agree. Life is too short, and we must value life as a gift by finding time to play. Yup, I've often thought of snow angels, too, and building forts.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful, Miss Sandra!
    Harmonie House looks warm inside and out!

    and thanks for confirming for us
    that an angel *does* live within!

    peace, with every snowflake~
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful, festive home, Miss Sandra!
    It takes me back to my childhood at my grandparents home.
    So similar both inside and out!

    I feel the warmth of family gatherings!

    Here's to snow angels near and afar!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you..each and every one of you!
    Harmonie House is a wonderful place all year round. However, when it snows, there is a certain magic in the air, inside and out! This is my haven of sweet contentment. I'm happy to share this with you!
    As for snow angels..aren't they delightful? I have to say that as I lay on the ground surrounded by a blanket of white, I felt this surge of giddiness. I laughed out loud and wondered what my neighbors would think if they had seen me there..arms and legs in scissor motion action. Oh heavens!! There goes the neighborhood!
    Thank you for your thoughts..for taking the time to stop by...it means so much!
    Hugs all around!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hello. I always read your comments and always respond within the same page. Please stay for tea and scones.
So lovely to see you!
xoxo
Miss Sandra