Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Feeling Of Santa

My Dears,

At this time of year it is natural to reminisce of Christmas days of our past. How exciting it was to be a child at Christmas! I knew that Santa Claus was busy preparing his bag of toys and that I was to behave if I wanted my gift included in his bag.

As a very young child, I recall the celebrations throughout the month of December at our place on Willow Ave. These affairs were always filled with family from all over, near and far. The music would play late into the night and dancing was prevalent at our household. The lights would be twinkling and the eggnog aplenty. My brothers and I gathered with the younger cousins to dance, sing, and just be...kids!

The magic however, in this child's eyes, was embodied in that jolly old fellow Santa Claus. He was Papa Noel..Ol' St. Nick...Father Christmas. He represented wishes..hopes.. dreams. I cannot recall exactly when I was told that Santa Claus did not exist...nor do I recall my reaction. Somehow..even at that young age, I think I knew that Mr. Claus was more than just a symbolic creation of the season. He was so much more.

I never truly stopped believing. Instead, I came to realize that jolly old St. Nick was not a person per se', but a feeling. A feeling that inspired hope...a feeling that sent forth wishes to become reality...a feeling of magic. Santa Claus does exist. He lives within you..within me. When we give of ourselves unselfishly and most lovingly..that is Santa Claus. When we hear a melody that fills us to the brink of bursting with emotions so real and beautiful...that is Santa Claus. When we remind those near and dear to us just how much they mean...that is Santa Claus. The light that shines upon us to remind us that we're not alone during moments of despair, confusion, and loneliness...that is Santa Claus. And of course, at this time of the year..that beautiful feeling of joy, wonder, enchantment, and love....that my dears is Santa Claus.

This season, and everyday of our lives let us always spread the cheer of Santa. Sing a tune with a co-worker... share a cup of cocoa with a neighbor...give someone a lift when they're stranded...take some time to help in a soup kitchen. Let's do away with resentments, anger and all those negative feelings that keep us down. Let's smile and laugh!! Hold a hand that needs holding...give a kiss, just because..and say "I love you" when you feel it so deeply that you'll burst.

Yes Virginia...there is a Santa Claus!

These sentiments are deeply felt, always..though life does tend to throw us a few wrenches to thwart our goodness of heart and spirit. I'm not perfect..ohh far from it. I experience anger, disappointments and yes my dears, even the occasional bout of cattiness. *pouts* I have my moments..as everyone else. We are only human after all, but I believe practice makes perfect. I shall endeavor to practice at being the best human being I can be..now and always.

May the feeling and spirit of Santa ever be present in your lives!!

"Pssst! Hey Santa Baby...my wish list is on its way!!"


xoxo

Miss Sandra



6 comments:

  1. Oh Miss Sandra, I couldn't have said it better! I love your suggestion of putting away resentment, disappointments, etc... nothing is more of a downer than those, and they waste life. Thank you for this post! xx Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh another precious entry, Sandra.

    You have a lovely way with words. Thank you for sharing with us.

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was lovely...
    And if anyone tries to claim he doesn't exist again, I shall direct them to the photographic evidence at the top of this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki,
    Thank you for stopping by. I hope all has been well in your world. Yes, those negative feelings have a way of taking over if we do not stop them. Easier said than done sometimes, but our hearts will prevail in the long run. xx

    Auntie,
    Thank you dear! I love to share my words with all of you...especially when they mean so much to me personally. hugs

    Matthew,
    Thank you for the laugh! I do believe the photo is evidence enough. Please,you must definitely direct those none believers to my post. Be well!

    As always, thank you all for dropping by. Such a pleasure to see you.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true, Miss Sandra! The negative feelings in life tend to bubble to the surface much too often. We need a little Christmas and a lot more Santa in us all!

    Pam :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam,
    Yes indeed..and we need it every single day of the year! I hope you've been enjoying this Christmas season and keeping nice and warm! I know how rough the winters by you can be.
    hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hello. I always read your comments and always respond within the same page. Please stay for tea and scones.
So lovely to see you!
xoxo
Miss Sandra