The Possible's slow fuse is lit
by the Imagination..............
~Emily Dickinson
by the Imagination..............
~Emily Dickinson
I've been doing some reading this day and came upon the above quote. Needless to say, it made quite a lot of sense and has inspired me to greater imagination.
Possibility is a magical word..it promises surprises. It caters to hope and strokes reality. It is said that all things are possible.
Imagination is a powerful tool...a bridge to worlds of our own making. Our minds create, shape, and form these images that may sometimes seem so real...so much so, the energy we put behind these fanciful thoughts is sent out to the universe... fueling possibility. What a lovely notion...what possibilities!!
I must imagine myself in Vienna..dancing a waltz. *smiles*
Emily Dickinson....a very wise woman.
I raise my glass. Here's to the imagination..and the possibilities in its wake!
....it is said they are endless!!
xoxo
Miss Sandra
Possibility is a magical word..it promises surprises. It caters to hope and strokes reality. It is said that all things are possible.
Imagination is a powerful tool...a bridge to worlds of our own making. Our minds create, shape, and form these images that may sometimes seem so real...so much so, the energy we put behind these fanciful thoughts is sent out to the universe... fueling possibility. What a lovely notion...what possibilities!!
I must imagine myself in Vienna..dancing a waltz. *smiles*
Emily Dickinson....a very wise woman.
I raise my glass. Here's to the imagination..and the possibilities in its wake!
....it is said they are endless!!
xoxo
Miss Sandra

Perfect musings for the day Sandra.
ReplyDeletePerhaps not as romantic, but just as importantly, we raised our boys in the country where we had only one TV station... but they were never bored. We read books and then acted the stories out. The boys used their own imagination to set up the scenes of knights in armor (using their grandpa's duct tape and cardboard) and swords made of sticks. Our imaginations are so much more powerful than any electronic devise can offer. I fear that today there is much too little use of our own imagination to create, shape and form our own universes of possibilities.
Wonderful, thought-provoking post~ Thank you!
Ooo, i couldn't agree more!
ReplyDeleteeverything
begins in the
imagination...
all good things, especially!
peace, Miss Sandra~
Chuck
Vicki,
ReplyDeleteThank you! I agree with you. There are too many distractions of the electronic kind which veer the minds of children away from the joy of their own imaginations. I'm grateful to have grown up in a home with one television, one radio, and siblings to play with. Granted, the ones closer to my age were my brothers, and make believe wrestling got a bit rough from time to time. *smiles* Have a lovely night!
Chuck,
Yes indeed! Everything good does begin in the imagination. How wonderful to exercise our very own power to grant our very own gifts! Hope you've had a lovely weekend!
Sweetest wishes to you both!
Sandra
Hello Miss Sandra -
ReplyDeleteI've thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Harmonie House, after far too long away.
I can only second what you and the folks above have to say about the importance of imagination...
I stopped watching tv a few years ago and have never felt the desire to from that day to this. It's too passive; doesn't engage the way a good book does...
Do keep posting, and I shall certainly keep visiting!
All the very best from Movietone News!
- - Matthew
Hello Matthew!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to see you again after so long.
Funny, I do not watch television either. Books are definitely more rewarding and much better for the mind....and soul.
Thank you for stopping by. Do come again soon!
Sandra
Raising my glass along with you! Here's to imagination!
ReplyDeleteHello Laura!
ReplyDelete(Clink!) That's my glass tapping yours!
xo
Sandra