Saturday, November 14, 2009

At home..all weekend!!


A full weekend at home, to myself? I must pinch myself for fear I may be dreaming.

(proceeds with the pinching...) Ow!

All right, I'm not dreaming. I really do have a weekend with no plans..no parties...no nothing. This is cause for celebration for you see, it seems I have been going and going every weekend non-stop since Labor Day. I've not had a whole weekend to myself...till now!

This explains why I am still lingering about in my cozy jammies. Oh how delightful! I must take advantage of this time...and just be.


Should I fuss around the house and do some light chores?
Should I go out and do some shopping?

Should I go to my shop and check in on Saturday's trusty minion and see how business is going?

Hmm....I think not!

This weekend should consist of simple pleasures. I shall surround myself in ambiance filled with music, yummy treats, a good book, the company of Mr. Knightley, and the serenity that comes with deep relaxation. This weekend I shall do some soul searching and hopefully discover something wonderful.

So let the rain fall..let the winds blow. I shall admire them from my window as I sip my favorite brew out of a favorite cup. While the last of the leaves continue their descent towards the ground, I shall smile...and just be. After all, these simple moments..simple pleasures..are to be delicately treasured.

Have a wonderful weekend my dears!

xoxo!

Miss Sandra

4 comments:

  1. Ah, that is such a wonderful feeling. I love those carefree weekends. After a full week of work, they have become a necessary part of my life. In my day I was always out someplace, but as old age creeps up, I savor my time at home.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Sat. plan, my Dear. Hope you did just that!

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, aren't these weekends wonderful. I cherish my downtime.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary,
    These weekends are indeed wonderful and rare sometimes. One must savor every minute of it. Hope yours was lovely!

    Aunt Amelia,
    I did exactly that. And now I'm relaxing and listening to my favorite Sunday night show The Big Broadcast. Losing myself to the sounds of the past always sets me dreaming and smiling.

    Warm hugs to both!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hello. I always read your comments and always respond within the same page. Please stay for tea and scones.
So lovely to see you!
xoxo
Miss Sandra