Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Music To Live By



Hello My Dears,

When my world crumbled, back on March 4th, 2008, I had to accept the fact that my life would have to change..I'd have to start all over again.


During that time of sadness, confusion, and just plain disillusion, I lost myself to music.


Music became the words of my soul, and the background to my everyday life. When I was angry, I found angry music to sing to...when I was hopeful, I found songs that lifted my spirit.
There was one title of a song that spoke of hope that life wouldn't always be so somber and hopeless. That one title spoke volumes.."The Best Is Yet To Come."

I spoke those words to myself over and over as my mantra. I thought to myself, behind every dark cloud lies the sun..waiting to come out and brighten the world. So indeed I would keep myself hopeful, for I knew the best was yet to come for me...


I thought I would share this video of Peggy Lee singing the words to such an uplifting title.
Enjoy My Dears!




xoxo
Miss Sandra

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I always use music to cheer me up, or soothe me or just change the energy. It works!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great video, such a classic song by a great artist. Music has so much healing power and one can always find music to fit any mood or need.

    I love the new wallpaper, sort of a Victorian warrior princess.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Chuck!
    Half moons are sweet...and healing vibes sent my way are always welcome. Thank you! Hope you're having a great summer...by the way, loving your book!

    Wendy,
    Yes, music always works when it comes to soothing the soul in every way. Hope you're doing well.

    Chelsea,
    I couldn't have said it better. Peggy Lee was all class and sass! Thank you for stopping by!

    Judy,
    Music is healing personified. :) I like your description of my new wallpaper. It does fit..the Victorian Warrior Princess. Look out!!
    Hope you have a wonderful day!

    Hugs to all!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing how music can lift our spirits and touch our souls? Music is definately a gift from God. I love the music that plays when visiting your blog-jazz is one of my favorites:).

    Blessings,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Sandra,

    I thank you from the bottom of my heart for leaving an encouraging word with me today on my blog; I was feeling so bad but I learned my lesson today. To make a long story short, I will just say that my husband and I were almost killed in a tragic accident today, but were spared. There is more to think about and be grateful for than I know. Your comments are so kind, and I thank you. God bless, Anita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hello. I always read your comments and always respond within the same page. Please stay for tea and scones.
So lovely to see you!
xoxo
Miss Sandra