Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What Is Your Bliss?


My Dears,

Happy Wednesday to you all!

I'm now at my desk in what will officially become my writing room sometime in the future. It's very warm and muggy out. Truth be told, I'm ready for Autumn!
Are you?

I want to talk about the word BLISS. Pretty word, is it not? Even the sound of it falls gracefully from ones lips. I can hear myself speaking it, almost in a whisper, over and over again...bliss, bliss, bliss. It's as if I can conjure all that is wonderful and blissful just by the mention of this word.


Bliss.


What does bliss mean to you? Bliss to me is many, many things. I shall share.


Bliss is Harmonie House...Mr. Knightley...everyday blessings...family...dear friends...a cup of tea on a cold evening while sitting by the fireplace.
..a good book...laughter...good food...dragonflies...nature...tears brought on by beautiful moments...memories of loved ones...soft warm socks...soft sheets...wellingtons... music...kindness towards human kind... lavender... writing...the sun in the morning and the moon at night...dancing as if no one is watching...touching...
a lingering smoldering look.....a kiss.


And that dear friends is just a short list of what constitutes Bliss to me. There is so much more, but I would need to fill pages and pages. *smiles*

I'm feeling rather blissful this day. Are you?
I do hope so!!

xoxo
Miss Sandra

9 comments:

  1. Miss Sandra!
    a beautiful topic, and
    i love your sacred, little list.
    mostly, i'm excited by the phrase "writing room!"

    bliss is...
    . anticipation
    . opening correspondence, an envelope
    . turning thought-pictures into words
    . the notion that a Reader can drink those words and create their own version of thought-pictures

    . slowly earning trust

    . sepia daydreams
    . a new road
    . losing track of time
    . smells... woodsmoke, dryer sheets, cinnamon, fresh air on someone's skin, in their hair

    . love - the kind that makes you tilt your head, touch your heart, lean back, breathe deeply
    . and yes... Autumn, the deepest of seasons and emotions

    peace.always.chuck

    ReplyDelete
  2. An official writing room! Wonnnnnderful! Now there is finding some bliss, right in itself. :-)

    Bliss always calls to mind Joseph Campbell's admonition of; "Follow your bliss." And since I found Joseph, in 2000, I have taken this as my mantra. To look within, and find that which truly resonates with me.

    Well, that's the ideal anyway. We can't necessarily dwell in our own bliss, each and every moment. But if we seek to do, that which is joy to us, even though it be work to others, we'll be on our way to Finding Our Bliss. Imho, that is.

    Gentle hugs,
    'Aunt Amelia'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just enjoying my lazy day...too hot to garden, so here I am visiting friends who have joined my blog. Your site is so cool and refreshing, music soothes and I adore tea and scones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fun! Bliss is many things to me such as: the soft sound of a cat purring, a nuzzle from my dogs, the smell of the salt marshes on the warm afternoon breezes, reading the Bible, walking on the beach, a cup of tea and an old book on a rainy day, and visiting my many dear friends in blogland:).

    Blessings (and bliss),

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bliss is finding a new kindred spirit... and I think I just found one in you (via Corey Amaro's blog). The kindred spirit feeling happened the moment I read your profile and read the words "Enchanted April." I'm sure there are many more connections between us old souls. (: Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE vintage, old movies, and the past too! I think I lived in the roaring 20's! LOL!!! Great blog and wonderful photos and background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bliss is a hot bath after a long, dusty trip. Oh, and a soft bed following the bath. It's the littlest things in life that are the most blissful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello to all!!

    Chuck,
    That's quite the list...very nice one indeed. I'm particular fond of "sepia daydreams", and Autum of course!! Thank you for sharing your bliss.

    Aunt Amelia,
    You're a dear and wise woman to quote a wise man's words. I like your personal take on bliss. I'm on my way to continue finding bliss.

    A Dreams-Teller,
    Thank you for visiting my place. You are always welcome to spend time here and enjoy some tea and scones.

    Kim,
    Thank you for sharing your bliss. Such lovely things you mentioned..I know and understandthe soft purring of a kitty...tea and book on a rainy day, abd of course...our blog friends! :)

    Vicki,
    Thank you for stopping by and leading me to meet a new kindred spirit! We are never too far apart in life, but ever so wonderful to discover one another through the written word..on a blog no less!! Enchanted April is a wonderful story is it not? I look forward to stopping by your place and saying hello to a kindred old soul.

    Dreamwriter,
    The roaring 20's were fabulous! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments. Lovely to meet you!!

    Elizabeth,
    Oh I like your idea of bliss. Indeed it's the little things in life that add much joy...and bliss. Thank you for stopping by. Come again!!

    Hugs to you all my dears!!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. To me bliss is sitting in the garden with a big bowl of ice cream and a copy of the London Times. (To sit on in case the grass is damp.)
    Thank you for looking in on my site, Miss Sandra - yours is without question my favourite blog written by a human.
    Very best.
    Orso Bear, Esq

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hello. I always read your comments and always respond within the same page. Please stay for tea and scones.
So lovely to see you!
xoxo
Miss Sandra