Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Letters From The Heart


Isn't this
lovely?

Here's a closeup...


Today was absolutely divine. The sun was at its brightest, the breeze was warm, and I was feeling rather nostalgic. So upstairs I went, opened my desk, and pulled out several bundles of old letters. Tied in cream colored ribbon, envelopes of all shapes, sizes, and colors, greeted me like an old friend with arms extended in warm welcome. Some were even yellowed...or I should say mellowed, by time.

Out in my garden was the right place to sit back and relax while reading these special missives from near, far, but very dear correspondents. I laughed, smiled, and sometimes even got misty-eyed as I ventured as far back to 20 years of written memories. What a nice way to spend the afternoon.

Flowers from my garden including: rosemary, thyme, chive, and coral bells.

I do hope my letters, sent throughout the years, have touched many a heart as these have touched my own. Happy & sweet reading indeed.

xoxo
Miss Sandra



10 comments:

  1. -happy sigh- What a perfectly lovely post.

    And what a perfectly lovely post, to encourage letter writing. :-)

    I feel the need to link to it, coming on...

    'Cause I never pass up, a lovely linking. Or two! :-)

    Gentle hugs,
    Aunt Amelia

    Aunt Amelia's AtticDear you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely - I wish we all wrote and received more letters, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really passionate about writing letters and am always thrilled to receive one...but I must say its been years. You've inspired me to write to someone this weekend. I think I'll go out and buy some new stationary!
    All the best,
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, but anyone can write and receive more letters! You just have to start with this formula:
    1. Sit Down
    2. Write Letter
    3. Mail Letter

    Voila!

    Seriously, Miss Sandra, thank you for the lovely post. I keep letters but don't go through them as often as I should. Warmfuzzies. So glad you take the time to do this with your letters.

    May your mailbox always be full.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dearie!

    I have an award for you. Check out my Camera Commune site and pick it up.

    Love ya,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. On so lovely, bringing back memories of actually taking pen to paper. I remember all the delightful stationary designs, the feel of the paper.
    Such beautiful thoughts you have revived.
    Warm hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love writing letters...I prefer that to any other sort of communication...
    even better, receiving letters (which unfortunately due to email, doesn't happen much)

    very nice to meet you via Chrissy at Apothecary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aunt Amelia,
    Glad you enjoyed my post Indeed I know how dear to your heart this subject is.Thank you for linking it! What an absolute dear you are.

    Vicki,
    I too wish everyone wrote more rather than e-mailed. Such simple pleasures. Thank youfor stopping by. So lovely to meet you!

    Catherine,
    I'm always thrilled when I've learned I've inspired someone to do something wonderful.take your passion for letter wring and make someone's day! Thank you for coming by. Lovely to meet you.

    Missive Maven,
    It is indeed so easy to send and receive letters.
    Warmfuzzies is a great word to use in description of what one feels with a happy letter in hand. Warmfuzzies indeed! Hope your mailbox is loaded with many warmfuzzies.

    Kim dahling,
    Thank you dearest! You are so sweet. Love ya too!

    Judy,
    I hope I've done more than revived your thoughts. I hope I've inspired you to feel the paper once again...to take pen in hand and compose a letter to a dear one. You always inspire beautiful thoughts in your blog.

    Ann Marie,
    I too prefer it...and so love receiving them. Pleasures of the heart..truly.
    So lovely to meet you. Please come and visit often.

    Hugs to you all and wishes for a beautiful weekend!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Discovered you via Kimberley's site. I'm an old-fashioned letter writer since childhood. Hope someone kept one of mine tucked away to pull out and re-read on a warm spring day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hello. I always read your comments and always respond within the same page. Please stay for tea and scones.
So lovely to see you!
xoxo
Miss Sandra