Monday, May 18, 2009

In Case You're Wondering....


What did I do on Sunday after all..besides the reading I mean? Need you ask?


I baked.

No my dears, company did not arrive but I was in short supply of scones. Actually...no supply.
So I figured what a better day to bake...and besides, they're good to keep in hand and freeze beautifully. So with apron on, baking necessities at hand, I went ahead with a song in my lips and a smile on my face.

Here is my floured surface with some of the scones already cut out and being shaped. I make my scones smaller than norm. It makes for a nice portion...... especially if one is having more tea fare at hand. Good enough to have just one or an extra without the guilt. *smiles*


Here they are on the tray, egg wash on the tops, and ready to be put in the oven.


And here they are on a platter.
I drizzled them with a light orange blossom/citrus glaze.

Forgive the slight blurriness of the picture. I do not own the best camera.


After all is said and done, one must eat a scone accompanied by a cup of tea.
Mmm...clotted cream and preserves. What more can anyone ask for?



So there you have it my dears. Now the only question that remains is.....Who wants to join me for tea?


xoxo
Miss Sandra


11 comments:

  1. I will be arriving shortly, yummy.
    SQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I'll put the kettle on. :)
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh........I am ALL about scones and tea! Is there anything better than a nice cup of tea? My very favorite bevvie!

    Oh........do share the scone recipe! Those look delish!

    Blessings and smiles,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I WANT TO JOIN IN FOR TEA!!!! Thank you dearest for visiting me! I am feeling better this morning. Merci for all of your wishes and I think that some tea and one of those killer diller scones might pick me up! Save me a seat. Bisous, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Who wants to join me for tea?"

    -Hehhhhh- Now _there_ is a hard question. Not!

    ^_^

    Aunt Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Miss Sandra,
    Knowing your love of "your" particular time period, I thought of you, when reading this post. I hope you'll take a peek there, and enjoy her find, also.

    Aunt Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, I wish I COULD join you for tea! I'm drinking a cup now as a I read, though...

    I so enjoy your blog, both the photos and your lovely writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spencer,
    Thank you! They are indeed delish. I'll send you the recipe seperately so I do not take up too much space here. Make sure to look for it!
    Hope you're having a lovely day...

    Anita,
    So glad you're feeling better dahling. I shall save you a seat and an extra scone or two.
    A bientot!

    Aunt Amelia,
    I knew you'd not wait be asked twice. *smiles*
    Thank you for sending the link. It is quite the lovely site!! You are a dear for thinking of me.

    Missive Maven,
    I'll always save a seat for you even if you cannot join us. I thank you for the kind compliments. I'm so glad you enjoy my blog. You know I feel the same about your own. Love it!!

    Hugs all around my dears!! xoxo
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miss Sandra,

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a kind comment:) I would love to join you for tea! I have tea everyday and love to bake scones. I read your profile and it seems we have much in common. It is always so much fun to meet others with the same interests. I look forward to visiting your beautiful blog again!

    BTW, love the music on your blog!

    Blessings,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my...now I must have a scone...where is recipe?...please? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim,
    Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments.You are such a dear. I'm glad you joined me for tea. Indeed we have lots in common.
    So lovely to meet you. Please stop by often

    Darlene,
    Thank you for stopping by. Please e-mail me
    (addy in profile) and I shall gladly send you the recipe. You must indeed have a scone!! :)

    Hugs to you both!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hello. I always read your comments and always respond within the same page. Please stay for tea and scones.
So lovely to see you!
xoxo
Miss Sandra