
I tend to ponder quite a bit when the sky is gray and the rain comes pouring down upon our earth. Whether it's the soothing sound of the rain dripping against the window panes, or the dimness within my home due to the sunless sky, I somehow manage to lose myself in deep thought.
As I wandered through the inner depths of my mind, I pondered human nature and the little things that make people click. No one is perfect...I personally can vouch for that. After all, it's our imperfections which make us unique and wonderful. That said however, we have a tendency to react quickly to even the most minor of circumstances. We'll either huff and puff in anger or walk away from the situation mumbling under our breath. We are so blinded by our instant response that we do not stop to take it in and see it for what it really is....petty.
Indeed there have been situations which go beyond the realm of acceptable
behavior, but most disagreements stem from an unreasonable reaction to a minor misunderstanding. Everything from lovers' spats to family quarrels can at most times be traced to our propensity to react without taking in the situation at hand. I know, for I have been guilty of reacting unreasonably. By the same token however, I've been on the receiving end of such behavior either for giving advice when unsolicited or by speaking my mind. *sigh*What this diatribe all comes down to is this....let's stop and take a deep breath. Let us, in any situation, take in what we see or what we hear and make sense of it before we react. Life is too short to lose our temper. More importantly...life is too short to lose ourselves within a chasm of negativity that may alienate those we love.
I now look out my window and see the beauty of green all around. The lawn's reaction to this constant rain is to grow in verdure abundance. So lovely.
Though it may seem dreary to most, this is indeed a beautiful day. May the raindrops of laughter, love, wishes, and dreams shower you with the promise of a happy today, tomorrow, and ever after.xoxo
What a beautiful post - and so true! I find when it's cloudy that time somehow seems warped. It stops or goes backwards. If you step outside on a cloudy or rainy day, you can't tell what time of day it is, because there is no sun to guide you.
ReplyDeleteI feel the energy is different. It also puts me in a thoughtful mood.
Dear Wendy,
ReplyDeleteThank you for the lovely words. Oh how I agree with you! There is something about a rainy day that makes time suspend somehow . It inspires us to slow down and reflect. It is nice to meet you. I look forward to your continued visits.