
It was a lovely day today. The sun shone out of a beautifully clear blue sky. The magnolia in full bloom shared it's fragrant essence with those fortunate to be near...and I, suffering a heavy bout of spring fever, could not get home soon enough from a long day's work.
No sooner did I enter my personal realm of contentment and harmony, that I was flinging the casement windows wide open to let in the warm air and yes, the intoxicating aroma of the magnolia outside my front yard. The scent mingled nicely with the citrus lemon essence on the recently polished woodwork in my home. I need add that I left work, stress, the rest of the world and its issues outside my door. No place for it in my Shangri-La.
As the kettle busied itself with getting the tea water to full boil, I took off my shoes, raised the volume on my classical music, and gave my kitty Mr. Knightley his due affection, love...and treats! Finally, with a cup of Darjeeling in hand and a good book to lose myself in, I enveloped myself in total contentment of the moment. Sitting in my favorite room, on my favorite chair with a cat curled on my lap, I sighed and smiled. The comfort of a good cup of tea combined with the familiar beautiful surroundings eased my mind and soothed my soul.
I was home..plain and simple. The word itself, HOME, moves me to no
end...for it is there my soul resides fully. The outside world has its charms no doubt....but it is my world, that which shelters me, warms me, and welcomes those near and dear...that world called home is the only one to ever have a hold of my heart. *sigh*I admit it...I am a homebody and happy to be so.
What does your home mean to you? xoxo!
Greetings! I found your blog through a visit to Cielo's. I'm sure glad a did. What a nice post!
ReplyDeleteWhy thank you so much!I'm always happy to meet and greet fellow bloggers along the way. I've enjoyed going through your blog as well.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy this lovely day of Spring!
Greetings...a kindred spirit..how very nice to meet you..hope its oke when I drop in from time to time...I love your home(blog):)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful place to come to. It is such a depart from the hussle and bustle of the fast paced world we live in. It takes me away to a place where I can focus on the little things that bring me such pleasure. How peaceful! Home is your sanctuary. And I can just picture you in your chair in your lovely home.
ReplyDeleteYou are definitely an old soul who I want to know and share in the past with. Adore the music, the flowers, comfy chairs and furry critters, the memories of the past and a good old book! Lovely blog! Nice to meet you Sandra.
ReplyDeleteHugs Annabelle
Dutchess,
ReplyDeleteIt's very lovely to meet you as well. Please stop by as often as you wish and stay for a cup of tea.
Iraida,
Indeed you know well that Harmonie House is my Shangri-La...my haven of days gone by and a place for kindred souls to gather. Come by for tea real soon!
Annabelle,
Indeed we old souls can spot one another from miles away. So lovely to meet you as well. I look forward to more visits.
Thank you all for stopping by to chat. Please come again.
Hugs!!