My Dears..
I cannot help it! I'm quite excited over the royal wedding! It's so refreshing to have such a happy, positive event to distract us (if only briefly) from the turmoil in our world. The question remains...will I be up at such an early hour to watch the nuptials? I'm thinking mayhaps not..however, anything is possible.
So how shall I celebrate the event since I cannot be there in person? It seems my invitation must have gotten lost in transit. Mail delivery just isn't what it use to be. *smirks*
Anyhow..I believe I shall wear one of my froufrou large hats. Feathers, flowers and lace must be the order of the day.
Definitely the one on the left!
Must have flowers to celebrate the occasion!
Oh! Let's not forget tea and scones! This afternoon I baked a batch of mini orange blossom scones. They are so yummy by themselves one may not require Devon cream or preserves with this recipe. The orange blossom glaze is tasty enough! Of course I keep a steady supply of cream, preserves, and curd on hand for those who prefer the traditional filled scone. Mmmm. A lovely cup of rose tea makes the perfect accompaniment. *happy sigh*
Mini scones with orange blossom glaze. Mmmm..
All right...enough about that! I do hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Those of you who celebrate the Easter holiday, I hope it was absolutely delightful! We had quite the lovely weather in these parts....perfect for an Easter egg hunt. No..I wasn't outdoors, scrambling on the lawn, searching for eggs! However, my fella and I enjoyed coloring eggs on Saturday night for my Easter bread.
I love the colors!
Here are my Easter breads! They were quite yummy!
My honey's sweet gifts for moi!
He put the basket together himself! See the Peeps??
My dahling man surprised me with tulips and a basket he put together himself. Naturally he included tea, Peeps, Godiva, and wine. This man knows me very well. *winks* We had quite the lovely Easter with family. Tis our second Easter together...and every moment is ever more blissful. *insert heart here*
So until the next my dears..I raise my cup of tea to the happy couple, oh and to William & Kate as well. *chuckles* I wish you all blissful tidings!
xoxo
Miss Sandra
Those Easter breads look fantastic. You brought back a memory of my grandma. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteMary
My watching of Royalty in "real time," went out with Princess Diana, I'm afraid.
ReplyDeleteBut I do wish them well. And am looking at pics being shown on the Net, and she does look lovely. I like the idea of wearing her hair down. Instead of the usual up-sweep, on someone with long hair. Yes, I like it. :-)
And of course, wish them well!!! Seems this marriage has a much better chance of succeeding, than many other Royal ones have had. They certainly should know each other, by now. :-)
Btw, is there any possibility of us reading of a wedding announcement, here in this blog, at some time in the future? :-) Yes, I am soooo, tooo nosy, aren't I? But, isn't that how an "Ol' Auntie" is expected to be? :-)
No rushing you. Just wondering...
Gentle hugs...
Now, you're making me hungry with that tea and scone, those fabulous breads and all those goodies in your Easter basket! Well, I did get up at 3 am to watch the wedding, and even took the day off work. Looks like you've been busy!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend. :-)
-Pam
Hello Miss Sandra, I love watching the Royal Wedding, I just love weddings. I made scones the night before and the morning of the wedding my husband sat with me at 5:00 a.m. and watched with me and we had our tea and scones! Have a lovely week!
ReplyDeleteOh, Sandra, your Easter breads look so beautiful and "springy." What an absolutely heartfelt way to celebrate your Easter celebration. The basket and flowers that your husband put together for you are so touching when you tell how significant the gifts are to your likes. Yes, love is always necessary to hold on to in times of fractured grief and distress. Peace, love, joy to you. Brianne
ReplyDeleteThat easter bread looks so lovely! I'm glad you had such a wonderful holiday :)
ReplyDeleteMy Dears,
ReplyDeleteThank you..each of you, for stopping by. I'm so tickled that you like my Easter bread! It was quite yummy.
Alas, I did not get up early enough for the live coverage of the wedding, however I did wear my big frou-frou hat to work and sipped tea as I watched the recorded affair on the You-Tube Royal Channel. I also served tea and scones that day, making the minions and customers quite happy. :)
Hugs to you my dears! xo
Sandra