My Dears,
Happy Spring! Okay..maybe for some of us, it still doesn't feel like Spring. In fact this morning we had snow, rain all afternoon, and just moments ago we had thunder and heavy sleet. Did I mention it's 35 degrees? I think I'm going to get some firewood ready and have myself a cozy eve sitting by the hearth while thumbing through a couple of fabulous decorating books!
...Which brings me to my topic for the evening. Recently the lovely Sarah from My Yellow House hosted a book giveaway. I took a chance, commented and added my name, then voila! Twas my name which was drawn as the winner! Tis the first time I've won anything in dear ol' blog-land. Sarah made my day!
So this past weekend I received said decorating books..sweetly wrapped with a lovely note.
So pretty I didn't want to unwrap it.
Such sweet detail. Pretty ribbon & bird.
I know the perfect spot to display the birdie!
I know the perfect spot to display the birdie!
Voila! Les livres!
Such lovely interiors!
Beautiful ideas on every page!
Can you tell I really like these books? This is what I call eye candy for the lover of beautiful homes. So again, I thank you Sarah for the gift of reading. After all..we all know I cannot get enough books to suit me! I may need another bookcase real soon! *smiles*
Now I ask each and every one of you to visit Sarah's lovely place "My Yellow House". It's not only a visual treat, but also a delight to read.
Sarah, I hope you've gotten over the flu bug and are all well again! Hugs!
To all of you I send blissful tidings!
xoxo
Miss Sandra
Congrats on such a wonderful gift. We've got the cold, sleet, and snow here as well...along with a little thunder to even it out. Just damp and nasty out. And it was only yesterday I saw the forsythia about to bloom.
ReplyDeleteMary
Congratulations Miss Sandra, on winning such a nice book. I am sure it's a great addition to your collection.
ReplyDeleteBlessings Always
xo,
jacqueline
You are too sweet, my dear! I'm glad you will enjoy them...she really has a beautiful style. Sorry about the page that I spilled my dinner on! Guess you can't drool over pages and eat spaghetti at the same time! :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy!
Sarah xo
Hello Miss Sandra,
ReplyDeleteAllow for me to extend to you a most hardiest congratulations for winning such a lovely tome! Indeed, it was lusciously wrapped ... the ribbon is most exquisite, for it looks as though it too depicts images of my feathered friends! :)
Your weather seems to be much like ours ... though I must admit ... today, the sun has found moments to step out from behind gossamer clouds blessing us with a few tender rays. I shall take that wee dosing happily!
May the rest of your week be blissfully enchanting and perhaps the sun will find you also! :)
Dear Mary,
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a most delightful Birthday! I know what you mean about the weather. This morning there was snow on the ground! It's melted by now, but still..I worry about my magnolia. The buds are getting ready and I'd hate for them to freeze. *pouts* Thanks for stopping by! Hugs!
Dear Jaqueline,
Thank you for visiting! Yes indeed...my new books are a wonderful addition to my ever growing collection. I really will have to add another bookcase! *sigh* Hope all is wonderful in your world! xo
Dear Sarah,
She really does have a beautiful style, and her writing flows easily. As for the missing page, I chuckled when I came upon the area. Heaven knows I've done that to many a book myself. I sometimes have a tendency to read while I'm snacking or dining alone. Oh well..it just shows that it's a well loved book. Hope you're feeling better, and thanks again! xo!
Blissful tidings my dears! xoxo
Dear Paula,
ReplyDeleteFunny how you must have commented while I was replying to the others, for when I was done and looked in, there you were! "Lusciously wrapped". Oh I so do like that description much better... and yes, the ribbon is indeed exquisite. The sun has found my corner of the world on this day. It kissed the ground and melted the snow. May the rest of your week, and weekend, be kissed by sunshine and bliss! Thank you for dropping by...so nice to see you! Hugs!
Sandra
Hi Miss Sandra-
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I love those kind of books, too. Such inspiring pictures.
We, too, have not had much in the way of "Spring." No flowers, cold and rainy/snowy. We're still bundled up with winter coats and gloves!
Enjoy the cold and rain while you can... I know you love it!
-Pam
Dear Pam,
ReplyDeleteThankfully the snow has abated. It's sunny but cold still. I'm okay with that. Spring is bursting to come out..I can feel it. I hope it brings happy days to us all. I hope you see flowers coming up real soon. Thanks for stopping by. Always so nice to see you! xo
Sandra
Congratulations on such lovely gift! I love the way it was wrapped/presented. Gorgeous. XO
ReplyDeleteDear Alina,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! It was very prettily wrapped. I almost didn't want to unwrap it. :) If you haven't yet, do pay a visit to Sarah's page. You'll enjoy it! Have a blissful day and let's hope Spring starts to show real soon. :)
xo
Sandra