My Dears,
I hope Christmas Day brought along loads of joy to each and every one of you. It was a most sweet and blissful day for me and my fella. We had the perfect Currier & Ives day filled with music, food (my honey makes a most delish pork roast!), a toasty fire in the hearth, roasted chestnuts, and of course....the most delightful presents! We were almost childlike with glee when opening our gifts. Truly it felt like Christmas should always feel.
Here are some house photos taken that morning...
Being the winter gal that I am...I was most pleased with nature's gift. I wanted a white Christmas after all.
Unfortunately, many cities have suffered from this storm due to lack of plowing response. To this day, there are many cars still under snow and streets with mounds of snow narrowing the roads. I hope conditions improve and that all these cities get off their lackadaisical perch and clean up their streets.
Now for a few pictures...
December came in with a simple and gentle serenity...it hurried on with purpose towards a most magical Christmas....and it leaves us with a coating of white fluff and the promise of beautiful days to come in the new year.
There were many happy moments and some sad that's true, but every moment was an experience and each day a blessing. New friends were made...some old friendships strengthened...and unfortunately some gone astray. Yet as with everything in life there is a lesson to be learned and I learned that change will come...whether good or bad, it will come. It is inevitable and we know to keep the good in our hearts and to forgive and let go. We are only human..we will laugh, we will cry, we will smile, we will hurt, and we will be kissed by amazement from time to time. Just remember that there is nothing you cannot do. We hold the key to our own happiness. Let's turn that key, unlock the door to 2011, and open our arms to life and its amazing possibilities.
My New Year's wish for you all is a life filled with good health, happiness, sweet surprises, and oodles of bliss. Don't forget to always count your blessings, for you will find there are many!
There is so much more I can wish for you...however, I shall let it be told in song. May you always...and always..and always.
(Please be sure to turn off the blog music on the player at the bottom of this page before you play this video.)
Happy New Year to one and all! xoxo Miss Sandra
There were many happy moments and some sad that's true, but every moment was an experience and each day a blessing. New friends were made...some old friendships strengthened...and unfortunately some gone astray. Yet as with everything in life there is a lesson to be learned and I learned that change will come...whether good or bad, it will come. It is inevitable and we know to keep the good in our hearts and to forgive and let go. We are only human..we will laugh, we will cry, we will smile, we will hurt, and we will be kissed by amazement from time to time. Just remember that there is nothing you cannot do. We hold the key to our own happiness. Let's turn that key, unlock the door to 2011, and open our arms to life and its amazing possibilities.
My New Year's wish for you all is a life filled with good health, happiness, sweet surprises, and oodles of bliss. Don't forget to always count your blessings, for you will find there are many!
There is so much more I can wish for you...however, I shall let it be told in song. May you always...and always..and always.
(Please be sure to turn off the blog music on the player at the bottom of this page before you play this video.)
Happy New Year to one and all! xoxo Miss Sandra
Oh my goodness. The Lennon sisters. I haven't heard them in so long. So many memories. I used to watch them on Lawrence Welk with my grandma. Your home is beautiful. Christmas like it used to be. We are still digging out from the snow. It's a real mess here in Brooklyn...not to mention the garbage pickup. We haven't had a pickup since the Tuesday before Christmas. Between the snow, the stranded cars, and the garbage, I feel like I am living in a war zone. What a way to bring in the new year! I'm just going to do my best to make the best of it.
ReplyDeleteMary
Dear Miss Sandra,
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had a marvelous Christmas! Your house is a perfect backdrop for all the Christmas greenery and decorations. It brought back sweet memories seeing the Lennon Sisters sing!
May 2011 bring you and your fella continued bliss and lots of happy surprises.
:-)
-Pam
It sure looks like a perfect Christmas :0) Beautiful photos! Happy New Year XO
ReplyDeleteDear Mary,
ReplyDeleteI do hope they clean up your streets real soon. Such a bummer! Please do make the most of it and have a most wonderful, magical, and blissful New Year along with those you love.
Hugs!
Dear Pam,
Thank you oodles! I wish you and your loved ones all the best for the new year and sweet surprises too! May bliss follow you daily!
Hugs!
Dear Alina,
It felt like a most perfect Christmas. Thank you dear. I do hope yours was just as wonderful. A happy and blissful New year to you and yours! Hugs!
Thank you for stopping by my dears! Glad you enjoyed the Lennon Sisters! xoxo
Sandra
What a wonderful Christmas was had by all at Harmonie House. Your home really is absolutely made for Christmas Miss Sandra!
ReplyDeleteI'm shamed now, because I overlooked the fact that we share a birthday. I know you will have had a beautiful day with your gorgeous fella but I send my belated birthday wishes too!
I saw all the snow you had in New York on the TV! It was amazing - what a very happy girl you must have been on Boxing Day:-))
Happy New Year - may 2011 bring you both peace and happiness!
Jeanne
xox
Dearest Jeanne,
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! Yes, I was quite pleased on Boxing Day...such a pretty scene in my world. Now it has mostly melted and looks grayish. *sigh*
Don't be shamed about our birthdays. I too had forgotten till I wrote to you about it.
Thank you for the wishes and sweet comments. May this year smile upon you with bliss!
Hugs,
Sandra
Dear Miss Sandra, just wanted to stop by and thank you for the sweet words left on my Blog. They really do mean a lot! XO
ReplyDeleteI love visiting your blog, it's a delight reading your postings, and you music selection is perfect.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year 2011!
xo,Jacqueline
Dear Alina,
ReplyDeleteTis my pleasure to pay your lovely blog a visit!
Be well and stay warm! Hugs!
Dear Jaqueline,
Thank you so much! A very Happy 2011 to you and yours! Keep on living the vintage life..you do a wonderful job at it! Hugs!
xo!
Sandra