Thursday, November 4, 2010

Autumn Musings & Then Some

My Dears...

I'm back...and happy to be so.


It's a rainy evening..one with a chill in the air. This is the kind of night that invites cozy fleece pj's, a roaring fire in the hearth, the com
pany of a loved one, a fuzzy-soft pet, and a good book. Naturally one must add some mood music (for whatever mood you may be in) and a beverage that may suit the occasion. I'd say some nice mulled cider with just a wee bitty piece of butter and a splash of bourbon might be just what the evening calls for here at Harmonie House. Ahhh..the pleasures of the autumn season!! There is nothing like the cozy feeling one gets when breathing in the crisp air as the leaves, majestic in their jeweled palette, tumble softly toward the ground. I have to admit, Autumn is the perfect prelude to winter!

...and you all must know, I can't wait for the first snow fall! *smiles*

snowstorm 2006

All right...I'll not wax poetic about winter until December. Then again, I may not be able to hold back my enthusiasm for the upcoming season. * sighs as visions of sugar plums dance in her head*

picture source
Mmmm... sugar plums!


So my dears...no doubt most of you have been wondering where I've been since July. I must admit I suffered another bout of blogger's block. *sigh* Mind you it wasn't for lack of material, for Heaven knows I've had plenty. My summer was filled with many wonderful, memorable moments. My calendar was constantly filled! Needless to say, my sweet fella shared these moments with me as did Mr. Knightley!

...and speaking of Mr. Knightley, my dear rapscallion fur ball has been up to his own tricks of late! Noticing all the hubbub surrounding the election this week, Knightley decided he should have a part of the action. I should know better than to turn my head when he has that strange gleam in his eyes. I mean really...one minute all is quiet and normal at Harmonie House... and the next minute I find my cat is running his own election!!!

No mice were injured during this campaign.


Thankfully, my dear sweet kitty has abandoned all hope of running for office...yet another "cat"astrophic idea averted. *chuckles* Then again, perhaps it wasn't such a crazed notion. After all, the world could use the wisdom of a fine feline...n'est pas?

Well, as I was saying a couple of paragraphs earlier...I had a delig
htful summer and so far, a most blissful autumn. Though the work week takes up a lot of our time..my fella and I have made the most of the weekends! We make sure to live moment to moment...and we add loads of laughter, song, family, friends, love, and bliss to our agenda.

Here's a photo recap:


Some of you in blog-land may be familiar with the witty blog called Something I Wanted To Tell You. Well here I am with the one and only Kim,my dear friend who happens to have a flair for wit in her writing. As you can see,she was with child when this shot was taken late summer at her shower. She and Will are now the proud parents of a precious baby girl Fay. Congratulations! Be sure to visit her blog by clicking here! Tell her I sent you!


My honey and I at Monticello..the home of Thomas Jefferson


My brothers and I during a summer visit.


My fella & I at the popular Dirty Dick's restaurant in Myrtle Beach

We all know that October cannot come and go without a Halloween Party! This year's party was a smaller affair at Harmonie House, but filled with oodles of merriment and the warmth of friendship.

This was before the "rest" of the food was added. Yes my friends,
we almost ran out space.We sure are a bunch of hearty eaters!


Arrrgh! The pirates have arrived! Doesn't my fella look fierce?


Discarded UPS package costume.
I do hope the wearer
didn't catch cold. *chuckles*


The smiles and the joy...priceless.


So there you have it my dears! The long...and definitely not the short of it! I'm back and I shall try to keep up with my musings as often as I can. I really appreciate the warmth I've received from my blogger friends. To those of you who sent a note of concern while I was away..I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It feels lovely to be missed.

Now I'm off to make myself a nice cuppa of something warm....perhaps hot cocoa with melting Peeps? Such a treat...and a favorite of my fella. I shall sit by the fire for another hour, then I shall call it a night. To you my friends, I bid sweet dreams and days filled with bliss.


Nite nite!

xoxo
Miss Sandra

9 comments:

  1. Reading your blog today was heart warming...you have a beautiful family and friend. I love coming over to your blog, it takes me away to a wonderful world.
    Congratulations on having such lovely blog.
    xo,
    jacqueline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jaqueline,
    Thank you so much! I had much to catch up on and I still feel I didn't scratch the surface.
    I'm so glad you enjoy visiting my blog. I do hope you stop by as often as you like! Have a wonderful day and may bliss be a part of your life!
    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really good to have you back. I've missed coming here. It's such a warm and cozy place to visit.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Mary,
    Thank you so much! I've always enjoyed your visits. I'll be visiting you real soon! Be well and blissful!
    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Sandra-

    I am so glad your summer has been enjoyable! I've noticed many of my blogging friends have not had much time to post, but it's certainly understandable, especially for those who work outside the home!

    You look so happy in all your photos. I love you and your dashing fella as pirates! I did vote for Mr. Knightly, but alas, he didn't win. Better luck next time.

    Have a beautiful Autumn! :-)

    -Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Miss Sandra,

    How glad does it make my heart that you are once again writing. I love the last post. Please keep us informed.

    Love,
    Mrs. Bogan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Pam,
    How have you been? So nice to see you again. Yes..my summer was quite divine. I am enjoying my autumn as well. *smiles* My fella and I enjoyed dressing up as pirates. It was such fun.
    Mr. Knightley says to thank you for supporting him. He says he'll make sure to have his way next time.
    I hope all is sweet in your world. Thank you for stopping by!
    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Mrs. Bogan,
    Well I must say that I am glad you stopped by and that you are glad that I am writing once again. I hope to spend a little more time on the blog (as I used to) and that I'll have oodles of interesting things to share with you all. Can't wait to see you soon! xoxo
    Love,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Miss Sandra,

    Thank you for stopping awhile at my dear Honey Hill Farm...your company is most appreciated.

    Your blog here is lovely and I will have to take the time to peek through all your posts.

    Yours so kindredly,
    Shan
    Honey Hill Farm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hello. I always read your comments and always respond within the same page. Please stay for tea and scones.
So lovely to see you!
xoxo
Miss Sandra