So it seems I have this wish to visit NYC during the holidays. It's been some time since I last visited the Big Apple during Christmas. Truth be told..I'm not much into the big city atmosphere, but I must admit, NYC is so magical at this time. It doesn't help that this month has flown by..and I have not had the chance to set out and explore the fabulous sights and sounds of the City at Christmas.
I yearn to see the windows of Lord & Taylor, Macy's, and all those other fabulously dressed displays. I tend to have this girlish wish to sneak in and become a part of the display..all dressed up in Victorian finery and smiling at passing crowds.

I must share with you how one year, my vintage group of ladies and I were actually mistaken as part of the display at Lord and Taylor's. We were on our way to tea at the St. Regis..dressed in our Edwardian attire. We went early enough to stop by and view the magical, storybook quality scenes in the windows. Well, not only were we ohhing and ahhing over the Victorian inspired characters in the glass..but we ourselves were attracting our very own audience. They ohhed and ahhed over our choice of clothing..they snapped pictures of us, and thought we were part of the display. That was so much fun! *sigh* So really..I guess my girlish wish did come true. Haven't done that in several years though. Where has the time gone?

Anyhow, where was I? Ahh yes....I wish to see the tree at Rockefeller Center and watch the skaters gliding in merriment across the ice. I'd like to once again wear a vintage inspired outfit and have tea at the St. Regis, visit the portrait of John Jacob Astor on the top floor of the NYC Public Library, and stroll along Central Park. Oh yes!! Let me not forget..I would love to visit the NYC Ballet and enjoy the beautiful performance of The Nutcracker. I've only done that twice in my life. I think I am due.

I'd love to hear the sounds, smell the scents, and fall into the feeling of Christmas in NYC. Now if only I had the time...
Have a great day dears! May you enjoy all kinds of holiday pleasures!
xoxo
Sandra
As a New Yorker, I can honestly say that New York is a magical place at Christmas...and you know what? I haven't been to these places in years. It seems that when we live here, we don't appreciate the beauty we have around us. Thanks for reminding me.
ReplyDeleteMary
Hello Mary,
ReplyDeleteI do agree. We have quite many wonderful places, historic landmarks, etc. that even I haven't gotten around to visit. I'm thinking 2010 should find me catching up on this. Glad to be a reminder. Hope you are well!
hugs,
Sandra
What nice wishes! I've never been to NYC at Christmastime. It seems wonderful, probably not unlike Chicago, but on a grander scale. I love your story of the Lord & Taylor windows, with you and your Edwardian lady friends being mistaken for part of the window display! Love it!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you can schedule ahead for next year. Then you'll have a whole year to look forward to it! I know for me, planning is half the fun!
-Pam