Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Quiet Musings

Tis a quiet night and I sit here within the tranquil calm...allowing the solitude its gentle embrace. The soft, sweet snoring I hear, breaking the silence in short interludes, is coming from Mr. Knightley...curled up beside me, lost in deep feline slumber.

I sit here in the comfort of my recliner and I haven't much to say...I just feel.


The universe is working its mysteries and making plans...
I feel it. Things are slowly happening...unfolding. I watch and wait...for my life has been put on hold since 2006. I am no stranger to waiting. There is a feeling...something is brewing and it's not mischief. No. An awakening of sorts is within my world. Change is upon the horizon...again.

Tis not a bad change..I feel good vibes.


No matter..good, bad, indifferent. Life is molded by change and after all is said and done, we grow wiser (we hope) and learn another lesson.

To quote a song from West Side Story: "There's something due any day, I will know right away.. soon as it shows."


Life is happening..the wheel is spinning.
I smile...and wait.

Nite nite my dears. May bright, positive, and joyful blessings come your way!


xoxo

Miss Sandra


ps: Please remember "Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday!"

7 comments:

  1. Its a gift you have... to be able to sit quietly and wait for that something good... not yet here, but about to happen. More often, though I might try to sit quietly and wait... I'm a bit pacey inside. I continually work to be patient. You are an inspiration. Your words alone, bring an air of peace. Thank you for sharing them~ (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post. I tend to be impatient and want to rush things along instead of letting the universe guide me in its own time.
    I need to be still at times, I am working on this.
    I hope you have a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a time for quiet...
    that is fine!
    just feeling is really good. rare!

    peace~
    C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful written as always Sandra. You have far more patience than I, waiting is not something I do well. My visits here however are always calming. Sleep well.

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Vicki,
    Patience is definitely not my strongest virtue. I tend to be quite impatient at times..however, I tend to fall into moments of awareness. It is then when I see a bit more clearly and can accept the "wait". Thank you so much for the kind words..I am most happy if I can inspire others in some way. I do hope you are having a lovely day.

    Dear Laurie,
    Being still and open to possibilities and such is a good thing. It's not always easy, but things will happen when they are supposed to. I've learned that these past couple of years. You just keep working on it..you'll be fine. Hope this day is wonderful for you!

    Dear Chuck,
    Quiet time is always warmly welcomed in my home, especially after a long, trying day. Just feeling...well that comes naturally. *smiles*
    Hope your day is filled with warm, quiet moments.

    Dear Judy,
    Thank you..I did sleep very well. :)
    The act of waiting is no fun, as you know. I guess I've been at it long enough that it has become second nature. I'm so glad you find some peace during your visits here. Please stay long enough for a cup of tea. Have a lovely day!!

    My dears, thank you for your comments. Life is full of twists and turns and they are not always good. However, I take what comes and deal with it..that includes change. I'm okay with it and move on. Hugs to you all!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too feel calm when I read this post. Being open to the stirrings of change is the key. 2006 was a significant year for me too. When some things just stopped.
    Love that pic. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Wendy,
    It's been too long. I know we have a bit in common dear. I hope all is well with you. It's lovely to see you again.
    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hello. I always read your comments and always respond within the same page. Please stay for tea and scones.
So lovely to see you!
xoxo
Miss Sandra