
My Dears,
Ahhh October is here!
This morning I awoke to a chilly day....just how I like it. It was one of those morns when the blanket felt euphoric...and the bed was a cloud. The cool autumn air in the room kissed me in greeting. I knew this was a promising start for October.
The changing leaves are slowly emerging and the warm colors and fabrics are now out for me to wear. Today I chose a burnt orange sweater with a muted orange corduroy skirt. Funny how colors can enhance a mood. I come alive in these colors. My dear "minions" at the shop know full well that a cool autumn day will make "Mrs. Boss" bright and cheerful. They were greeted with coffee and donuts...and a very bright countenance.
Tis the full start of my season. Now the fun begins!
I have so much to do..so much on my agenda, but for tonight I shall keep it all under wraps. Tonight I want to celebrate the first day of October. I do not want to think of work, shows, house affairs, bills, the mundane, or anything not of a pleasant nature.
This evening I have planned a cozy getaway, by myself and the cat, in the nook by the fireplace. Hot, mulled cider with a pat of butter and a splash of bourbon will provide inner warmth...and comfort. I've got a book ready and a Bach cd for ambiance.
I am content.
By the way...curiosity has led me to try this "Twitter" thing. Not sure how I like it yet, but let's see how it goes. You can follow me on Twitter by clicking HERE.
I have my "tweets" set to private, but if you send a request to follow me, I shall accept. I am under the name LadyHarmonie.
So on that note..I wish you all a lovely, cool, Autumn eve..and euphoric mornings. *smiles*
Nite nite my dears!
xoxo
Miss Sandra
Lovely Miss Sandra, You just have a way with words! You described exactly the way I feel about the first day of October. How do you do that? I wish had those words at the ready. I also wish I had the time to spend ... on my own with my cat and a book. But alas... its a house full of college kids for me (two of my sons and a few of their friends). Not that I'm complaining! I certainly am not, but every now and then I'd love to have some quiet moments. My dear 16 year old cat would love nothing better than for me to sit still long enough for him to come cuddle. A happy orange (I love that color too) fall day to you. (: Vicki
ReplyDeleteI certainly hope that your first Oct. evening was perfect! :-)
ReplyDeleteAlso hope you'll enjoy Twitter. I tried it, a while ago. But never fully got into it. Hope you like it though.
Gentle hugs,
Aunt Amelia
Miss Sandra~
ReplyDeletecorduroy is wonderful!
so underrated, yet it springs
from the box marked Winter Things.
i love your new profile pic!
and shall meet you in the land of
140-character poetry (Twitter).
peace&love~
Chuck
Dear Vicki,
ReplyDeleteSo lovely when you stop by. Sadly, one doesn't always have the time to stop and smell the roses. However, how wonderful when you can steal a moment..even if just seconds to enjoy. Happy Fall!
Dear Aunt Amelia,
My evening was indeed quite lovely. I look forward to many of those during this season of comfort. I hope you've been enjoy this time as well.
Dear Chuck,
Thanks so much. I wanted a new pic for my profile. You know...a change for the season.
Corduroy is a delight to me..warm and even comfy. Hope you are enjoying this lovely Autumn. See you on Twitter!
Nite nite my dears..tis late.
xoxo
Miss Sandra
It sounds as though you have plans for a lovely autumn. The hot, mulled cider sound very nice on this chilly evening.
ReplyDeleteYour new profile pic is most becoming, very lovely. I look forward to seeing you on Twitter.
Hugs,
Judy