
Me thinks perhaps tis the Autumn underway...right around the corner.
The air is crackling with energy...sweet yet mysterious vibes. I feel it all around me. What exactly is surrounding me with such force that makes me smile in anticipation??
I bite my lip playfully as I look around me and wonder. What enchantment has nature put me under? For I know that the slightest hint of coolness in the air...the merest whisper of change in season casts a spell of splendor...
wistfulness...and contentment in all that surrounds me.
I light the scented candles. My kitchen smells of freshly baked oatmeal cookies (though I did bake brownies last night)...the rest of the house is scented in an aroma of crisp Autumn. It's tough to explain the essence. Let's just say that a whiff of it has you seeing colorful leaves in abundance, pumpkins on the steps, a stew on the stove, herbs harvested and hung to dry, and an apple pie freshly baked...piping hot.
This is the magical spirit permeating Harmonie House at this moment. This is my witch's brew for the season...this is the spell I'm casting for all who enter my abode. Enchantment is everywhere. Come visit...I'll have my cauldron on the fire. It'll be brewing a smile, warmth, a nice cup of tea, an afghan made by my own hands to keep you warm on chilly evenings, a book to take you away to other lands, laughter, soft music, a cat on the lap, and most of all...comfort to lull you to the land of nod when the lights go out.
*sigh*

Ahhh...sweet autumn. I await thee and welcome thee with open arms.
I am ready.
Though it is yet late summer....within these walls Fall has arrived.
Casting wonderful and warm thoughts of Autumn your way my dears.
xoxo
Miss Sandra
lovely
ReplyDeleteyour anticipations
and discoveries
of beauty
sweet expectations,
half moons~
C
Dear Miss Sandra,I was in need of a lift today and lo, I found a blessing in what you wrote. I love Fall & your words made me smile. Thanks loads, Sally
ReplyDeleteMs Sandra, Though we have muted seasonal changes here, I anticipate Fall each year. Its my favorite time of year. Your words have lit the spark and feeling of it a mite bit early, and my Mom says its feeling like fall up north, so I may have to pull out my cauldron early. One ingredient is always a nice does of "Practical Magic."
ReplyDeleteSoon the Harvest Moon~
Vicki
Dearest Sandra,
ReplyDeleteI was not quite ready to part with summer just yet but after reading your lovely post you make it sound so pleasing that .... maybe I'm ready.
The weather here is finally beginning to cool in the evenings and I have seen a leaf, or two, turned a lovely golden yellow. Perhaps it is time. Warm apple cider, fresh baked cookies and a crackling fire in the fireplace all sound so wonderful.
Very lovely thoughts.
Have a delightful day,
Judy
Yes... Some of us are feeling that Autumn is about to walk the land... :-)
ReplyDeleteapples are calling!
ReplyDelete