It's raining....and raining...and yes my dears..more rain. Since Tuesday it's been coming down on and off...more on than off. Please, do not think I'm complaining, for as most of you know I love the rain! I'm inspired to dream, reflect, and most of all relax.
I need not mention that my lawn, trees, and flowers are looking extra green and pretty. They too are enamored by the showers bestowed by Mother Nature. However, I believe they are looking too relaxed of late...or would one call that droopy and soaked? Oh well..it's all good.
Anyhow, my love of rain has lately found competition....my love of Wellies! Perhaps you may want to call them Wellingtons, rubber boots, rain boots, gardening boots...etc. I call them Wellies..and I'm in love. Strange that one can find such comfort in a pair of boots. I love the way they fit, the way they look, and the way they feel. I look forward to rainy days..or just days working in the garden, for my Wellies trudge well in soil and keep my feet dry.
Do you find this strange? An obsession perhaps? I mean..really? Some people collect shells, stamps, dolls, and even dried insects for display. So I collect Wellies...at least I can wear them. *smiles*
Funny, when friends come to visit and step inside through the side door, they usually comment...
"What is it with the Hunters?" or "Ummm...you have a collection of rain boots ..who else lives here?" or "You need help dear."
I love my friends.
Yet another reason to love the rain....brought to you by the lady of Harmonie House who thinks Wellies and rain are the bees knees!!
xoxo
Miss Sandra
I love rainy days, afterwards everything is so fresh and green.
ReplyDeleteI think the boots look adorable on you. All the colors, I had no idea there were so many colors in any boot. The yellow would be very nice.
Have a perfectly lovely weekend.
Hugs,
Judy
On you my Dear, they are the bee's knees!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, next... Please... A pair of those flowered ones. :-)
AA
I just love your collection of Wellies...I think that would be a neat collection to start OH MY...which shall be my first pair, I think I spotted the other day a pair with polka dots that I think would make my feet jump for joy...thanks for sharing Sandra...and its raining cats & dogs by me too - but you do soooo have to like the rain b/c then the beautiful flowers will follow...please do stop by my "blOZ sWeET blOZ" and have a cup of tea & scones too...have a honey of a day & may sweet things come your way! grace & peace 2 "U" Marlene:O)
ReplyDeleteGood morning Dears!!
ReplyDeleteJudy,
Rain does make everything fresh and green. There is such a pretty scent of green in the air as well. As for the wellies, there are not only so many colors, but so many patterns to choose from. I agree, the yellow ones would be very nice indeed. They are on my list! *smiles* May you also have a perfectly lovely weekend!
Aunt Amelia,
As soon as I get my pretty floral ones, I shall snap a picture for you. I'm on the lookout for the "right" pair.
Got a gorgeously enveloped letter yesterday.
Have a beautiful day dear!
Marlene,
First, thank you for stopping by..so nice to see you. I do hope you become a regular visitor to Harmonie House. So nice to have company drop by for tea. YES! I think you should start your very own collection of wellies. You'll become addicted and plan your wardrobe around them. Go for those pretty polka dotted ones and take a picture for us to see. Hopefully it has stopped raining by you and you can spend the day in your lovely garden with the boys. I enjoyed my visit to your place very much. I look forward to visiting again soon. Have a lovely day!
Hugs galore to you all!
Sandra
Oh for the love of Wellies, I too, love Wellies, mine are all prints though. See old post on my blog....I have a pair of colors stripes that sit next to my Morning Room door and a pair of Black and Pink polka dots in the Garage...best to you
ReplyDeletekate
Hi Miss Sandra!
ReplyDeleteLove your wellies.......my BFF lives on what I call, affectionately, THE FARM....she has a HUGE collection of "wellies"....she has kids, and grandkids and has them in about every single size....if you need some, she surely has them.
Thanks for coming and for your dear comment.
Blessings,
Spencer
Hello Kate!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to meet up with fellow Wellie lovers! I envy (warmly) your printed wellies. I am planning to extend my collection to all colorful and dainty patterns. I can't wait. So you think this is an addiction of sorts? *smiles*
Best to you always!
Hello Spencer,
So glad you stopped by. Your BFF sounds like someone I'd call friend too. I think it's so nice to stock up on extra wellies for guests and family. It's a lovely idea.
...one for you and one for me... *chuckles*
Blessings!
Hugs galore to you both!!
Sandra
Oh yes do paint some flowers on them, and vines creeping up the sides. And maybe a faerie or bee or butterfly dancing around your wellies or hunters. So much fun! Dancing and singing in the rain. No wonder there is a song about rain. I love raindrops sliding down the window pane, and beading flowers and leaves. Misty warm air to nourish our skin. Give me rain over dry and dusty any time.
ReplyDeleteBUT - the sun has to shine afterwards and I love sun just a wee bit more than rain. And sun and rain make rainbows.
Sorry to ramble so, but another thing just popped into my head: do you remember that childrens' song "it's wonderful weather for ducks they say, rain, rain, rain. Open the windows and let them play, rain, rain, rain...... I still love that song to this day!
Hugs
Oh Wendy! You have me laughing. I do so enjoy your ramblings. Yes, yes, yes...to all of the above. I love making rainbows when I'm out watering my plants. Makes me feel like a child.
ReplyDeleteHugs dear!
Sandra
Morning....yes, I love wellies too, they are like comfort food for your feet(?), hope you are having a great day, Chrissy
ReplyDeleteGood Morning Chrissy,
ReplyDeleteI love how you phrased that...comfort food for the feet!! I couldn't have said it better. *smiles*
I hope you're having a beautiful Sunday!
Hugs,
Sandra
I think your collection of Wellies is delightful! We all collect some things that may be odd to others but so long as we appreciate the collection that is all that matters!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Kim
Hello Kim!
ReplyDeleteTrue words indeed. What matters is the smile and contentment our little hobbies and collections bring to us.
Hope you are having a lovely evening. Blessings!
Hugs,
Sandra