Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Beautiful Life


It's a rainy and windy evening and I'm once again in a reflective mood.


As I hustled and bustled at my place of business today, I had this constant feeling of restlessness. It didn't matter that I was taking phone calls, packing orders, and chatting with customers. That feeling lingered and somewhere in the back of my mind, I heard it....that inner voice asking me over and over..."Is this all there is?" I know that question very well for I have spoken it aloud many a time. However, it was quite prevalent in my mind today. I thought to myself. No, this cannot be all there is. There is so much more out there waiting to be discovered. The life I've been dreaming of...it's out there. It's reaching out to me, beckoning to grab it and take it by storm. Oh it's there all right. I can feel it sometimes...the dream, the hopes, and the reality of it coming true.

Well, that reality is lovely, but it's not mine at present....or is it??


At this moment I must continue to keep shop, day in and day ou
t. I must save my pennies and keep strong of spirit and heart, for I've realized that in order to live the beautiful life of my dreams all I have to do is make beautiful my life now. And as I look around me, I see so much beauty, so much to be thankful about. I have the home of my dreams, the cat of my heart, family & friends in abundance, and the blessings of the sun in the morning and the moon at night. In this life, I can dress up and live another era one night, be in my Wellies out in the garden the next day, and have friends over for afternoon tea the next. The peonies are about to bloom, the linden tree is exuding it's sweet euphoric scent, my lavender is promising another year of fabulous growth and I was able to make another mortgage payment on this wonderful home I call my refuge, my sanctuary, and my Shangri-la. *smiles*

I'm out to work in the modern wor
ld by day, but have the wonder of coming home to Harmonie House...where it's always 1918. It seems all this time I've been searching for what I have already created for myself one day at a time...lovingly and patiently....bit by bit.


I found it......

A Beautiful Life.


xoxo
Miss Sandra


10 comments:

  1. Thank you sooo much for your comment on Sweet as a candy!
    Your blog is GREAT!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such a lovely, and insightful entry!

    At the beginning of your words, I wanted to wave my hankie and get your attention and say; "But everything in life, can't always fit into a beautiful dream."

    But no need for me to have done so. You knew it, all by yourself.

    And you know that we always have so much more of our dream, right now, already... than we think, at first blush. I'm so glad you are this wise. It makes for so much more day to day joy and contentment.

    And now I think I should do a wee bit of soul searching... Notice how many things I have, which make me happy. And not get tugged into those... "But I don't have all my dreams yet, and it's getting late..." :-) Nahhh, it's never too late to savour what we already have.

    Thank you for the reminder.

    Gentle hugs,
    'Aunt Amelia'
    'Dear you,' blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this entry so much, that I left a link to it, in my blog just now. Don't pay much attention to the Subject Line of my entry. It rambles and I can't cover everything, in the Subject Line. :-)

    'Aunt Amelia'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Federica,
    Thank you so much for stopping by to visit again.
    Please come as often as you wish.
    Have a beautiful weekend.

    Aunt Amelia,
    You dear lady. You are so right. It is never too late for the beauty of life. Truly one must realize that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. We can fertilize our own into beautiful, lush growth.
    You are a kindred soul. *smiles*
    Hugs galore,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there...I am glad you stopped by too!! This post is so pretty, I love that first photo!! Come by as often as you like, all the best,Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Chrissy...and thank you for stopping by as well. Please come again and stay for tea. :)
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sandra!
    I love your post! I remember you now, our paths have crossed in the past. Yes, you have much to be thankful for. You know, my husband and I often talk about the fact that we enjoy so much taking tea together, dreaming about fairy tales, having real encounters with animals on our own property and small things like that. We just got in from a lovely walk to go out and stock up on our tea! Evenings without tea is unheard of chez nous and that is something to attend to immediately! You have a lovely home and a great heart for beauty! Take care sweet lady! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Anita,

    Always lovely to have you stop by. You seem to live a beautiful life with your husband in your own haven of beauty. How wonderful for you!!
    Tea, of course, is part of the beauty in life. :)
    Hugs,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too feel restless on a rainy day. Something in the energy out there. Life is beautiful when we take the time to look around.
    But....I'm still searching. And dreaming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Wendy,
    It's all right to continue the search...and it's absolutely imperative to dream. Though I have my beautiful space at the moment, I shall never stop dreaming....nor should you. :)
    Have a beautiful evening!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hello. I always read your comments and always respond within the same page. Please stay for tea and scones.
So lovely to see you!
xoxo
Miss Sandra