I'm tired...wrung out. Don't know why. I didn't open the shop today. I had a lovely Easter with my siblings...I slept well. Why this heavy feeling? Truthfully? I think my mind is full...beyond capacity.
Since becoming widowed over a year ago, I've had to take up more than I had been accustomed to. Giving up my post as home maker to run a business, making decisions I never had to worry about before, and really...adjusting to a whole new life without the hubby. A hubby who was my world.
New beginnings can be wondrous, yet frightening when one does not know what lurks behind a new dawn. Does that make sense?? Starting a new chapter in the book of my life has been an adventure wrought with laughter, surprise, many tears, and sense of self-pride I never knew I had in me. I have realized this past year that I am a much stronger woman than I've ever given myself credit. I can stand on my own two feet and take over my life in full force, and with a mission.
Then why so heavy of heart and mind??
I'll chalk it up to hormones...yeah, that's it! That or just the knowledge that this new chapter of my life will be full of many edits. It'll take quite a while before I find my happily ever after. I know this and truly I'm okay with it.
So dear readers, I shall lift my glass of wine and toast to my new book of life. May each chapter lead me to the happy finale we all deserve.
xoxo
Clink! That was my glass hitting yours. To your new book of life and many happy sequels! You deserve them all! Cheers, sweetie!
ReplyDeleteThank you dahling!!
ReplyDeleteI'll drink to that! xo