Saturday, April 11, 2009

To Fridge or not to Fridge?


That is the question. It seems I have no choice in the matter when it comes to the answer, for I'll have to fridge it regardless. You see, I got a tip on a 1930's GE refrigerator on Ebay. The opening bid was 99 cents and upon looking at the pictures of this fabulous antique appliance, I decided to make a bid...much higher than 99 cents mind you. Seven hours later, I now own it. Let me tell you all about it.

The seller claims that it was working back in 1999 when he got it out of his aunt's basement. He also went on to say that for safety reasons, he cut cord. I figured I can get some electrical crafty individual to fix that issue. No problem.

The hours passed as I waited to see if I'd be outbid. It was somewhere between doing the dishes and checking e-mail when I suddenly thought...where the heck am I going to put that thing?? My kitchen is spacious enough, but looking around me I found that every space was taken up. Oh oh..


That put a whole new spin on this bid. I figured there would be others waiting for the last minute to outbid me. If that were to happen, I'd not be upset one bit for that would solve my space issue.
As luck would have it...6 more bids were entered, but not one touched my final bid. *SIGH*

I look at it this way. I'm meant to own the lovely 30's GE refrigerator and it will fit in nicely in my historic home. As far as space goes, I'll manage to squeeze it in here somehow.


2 comments:

  1. Oooo! I love it! Sadly, I can't think of where to put it, either.

    ~Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tara,

    It is fabulous, isn't it? I realize I must sacrifice one piece of furniture for another. So alas, I shall be moving the wooden table downstairs to make room for the fridge.
    I hope you are well and happily enjoying this lovely spring! xo

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hello. I always read your comments and always respond within the same page. Please stay for tea and scones.
So lovely to see you!
xoxo
Miss Sandra