Today I walked to work...I repeat, today I walked to work. Okay..so what? Well, normally I drive to my place of business, rain or shine. However, two days ago I couldn't even get out of bed..every movement a struggle. My body was weak and emptied out completely after having dined on bad fish. It felt like every nerve was raw and the chills were so unpleasant. Bed was my refuge..but rest was not easy..it hurt.
Bad fish..both my fella and I suffered the same outcome.
Fast forward to this day. It's been raining for the past three days straight...almost non-stop. I'm not talking about a light drizzle..I'm referring to downpours. It feels like March or April showers..just a bit more severe.
So I decided to walk to work..yes, that again! You see, I'm loving the fact that I'm feeling well. I'm loving the fact that I can move without any pain..without any struggle. I'm not so weak anymore...and feeling like myself again is a most wonderful thing to behold. I did a lot of thinking while in bed..between bouts ...and I decided that sometimes we take for granted the most wondrous gifts of life..like movement.
Today I want to thank my body for always doing what it needs to do for me. So I decided to walk to work..to feel the sweetness of movement without discomfort. I wanted to feel the air upon my skin....to feel and see the rain splashing upon my wellies. Let me tell you..it felt divine!
Today I want to say thank you to my tummy for taking in all my indulgences and working them through, mostly without protest. I also want to say I'm sorry for over-indulging and not taking care of it as I should. To you dear tummy I say..."this time I'll do my best to eat better and be more conscious of you."
Today I thank every nerve in my body..for alerting me when something is wrong and also for allowing me to feel the wonders and bliss within the sense of touch.
Yes, today I thank every inch of my body and promise not to take it for granted. So to my body I say this:
"You've been my shell and protector these past 40 years. You've carried my pain and you've carried my joys.
When I've laughed you've glowed..when I've cried you've poured forth the tears to cleanse me. With hands you've had me feel..with feet you've taken me to places I've never dreamed. When I've loved, you've made my heart skip in blissful cadence. With our eyes I see beauty and with our ears I hear music. I have not always been the best caretaker and I'm sorry for that. I want you to know that I love you and will be aware of you and your needs. I shan't take you for granted any longer. You are my best friend. You are me. Thank you!"
Oh! By the way...my fella is feeling much better too!
Thank Heavens!
xoxo,
Miss Sandra
.



Food poisoning is no joke. Glad you are feeling better. We've been having the same rains here in the city. Went to get my haircut today during a dry spell and soon as I stepped out, the rains came again. This is the first haircut I have had in almost 20 years, always cut my own hair.
ReplyDeleteMary
Dear Mary,
ReplyDeleteThank you! I can't believe that after 20 years, you go to have a haircut and it's pouring out! I do hope it didn't affect your new do. I'm sure it looks fabulous! Stay cozy at home and be well my dear! xo
Sandra
Glad you're feeling better! That sounds like an awful bout of food poisoning. Yuck! We need it to stop raining so you can walk to work on a sunny spring day :)
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Me
Dearest Kim,
ReplyDeleteThank you my dear! I could use some sunny days not only to walk to work, but to catch up on some heavy duty gardening. Can't way for FeFe to enjoy long car trips so that we can get together soon! Love ya too! xoxo
Sandra
So sorry you had Salmonella! -sigh- One of our sons was hospitalized with a very bad bout of it. -sigh-
ReplyDeleteLove the lesson learned though. Appreciate our bod and move it more. :-) Can't take away a better idea than that, from a bout of sickness.
~♥~
Dear Auntie,
ReplyDeleteThank you..yes, it was a lesson learned the hard way. I hope the rain has ceased in your world and you are having a most lovely day! xo!
Sandra
Hi Sandra.....found you over at Mary's....Moontides. What a special place you have here. I love it that you adore the victorian age.....such a simple and gentle time.
ReplyDeleteI'm also glad you are over your tummy trouble...isn't it amazing how much we appreciate feeling well after a bout of some kind of bug!
xo
Jo
Dear Jo,
ReplyDeleteHow nice to meet you! Thank you so much for coming by Harmonie House. Yes, the Victorian and Edwardian era were times that seem to live on within many of us. We're kindred old souls. :)
I do hope you stop by often and stay for tea. I'll be stopping by to pay you a visit and follow as well. I wish you a most a lovely day! xo!
Sandra
Dear Miss Sandra-
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm SO glad you're over your bout of food poisoning! And you are so right, we all tend to take our good health for granted until we feel what ill health is like. What a wonderful way for you to celebrate feeling better... a walk in the rain!
I just love your attitude. Stay well, enjoy life, and stay away from bad fish!
-Pam
Dear Pam,
ReplyDeleteThank you my friend. It feels wonderful to feel as I should after such a lousy, icky time. The walk in the rain was delightful and today I even got some garden work done! yay!
I hope all is well and wonderful in your world!
xo!
Sandra
Very well said! I am glad you've made a full recovery :) XOL
ReplyDeleteHello Miss Sandra, I'm so sorry to hear you were ill, and I'm happy to hear you're back on your feet.
ReplyDeleteWe've had weeks of rain, we managed to see the sun for a few hrs. this weekend, but it went back to rain . . .
It was nice to visit with you today.
Mary
Dear Laura,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! Enjoy Cornwall! xo
Dear Mary,
Thank you!Just today I saw a glimpse of the sun. I mean it looked like the sun and felt like the sun...and then it hid again. *pouts*
Wait! It's out again!! I believe there is hope for some gardening. So lovely to have you over for a visit. Come again real soon! xo
Blissful tidings to you my dears!
Sandra