Friday, March 12, 2010
Thoughts On A Rainy Day
My Dears,
As March rolls along, guiding us closer towards the pleasures of springtime, I sit here and ask myself...where has the time gone already?? I mean wasn't it just yesterday we celebrated a new year? January came and went..February, the same..now we're around the corner from Spring.
Now don't get me wrong..though I'm well known as the winter queen, I am looking forward to lovely, warm days and the glorious scent of flowers in the garden. However, time is so precious that I'd hate to see it all fly by so quickly. I thirst for the moment..minute by minute. I long to enjoy every precious second, for life has taught me about loss..about the delicate fabric of our lives.
So that being said..I want to find my bliss here, there, everywhere. I want to enjoy every bit of "newness" that comes along. I want to treasure my loved ones..and embrace with passion and divine euphoria my new beginnings. I want to live life to the fullest...tomorrow isn't promised to any of us.
This is my now, my minute, my hour, my future. I'm living it up...and while I'm at it, I'm counting my blessings every step of the way! Enjoy your TODAY my dears..each day as it comes. Tis the gift we can unwrap upon awaking every morn.
xoxo
Miss Sandra
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I totally agree. I have no idea where time has gone. Already Easter is around the corner, and it seems as if I was decorating for Christmas just last week. I'm looking forward to the forsythia. Since I was a child, that has always signaled the beginning of spring for me.
ReplyDeleteMary
You are absolutely right. We must enjoy each and every day. Love the dragonfly image! Have a wonderful weekend xxx
ReplyDeleteBeautiful dragonfly. And you're so right. I find the older I get the faster time just flies. Even though I don't like winter, it has just flown! Snow is melting and tiny shoots are peeking up. The days get warmer and the equinox will soon be here. Equal day and night.
ReplyDeleteEvery moment is precious. I think that's what wisdom is about.
Thank you for a beautiful reminder, to notice every moment!
ReplyDeleteGentle hugs for the weekend...
Thank you for this post. Sometimes we all need a little reminder to slow down and enjoy the moment instead of forging ahead in a myopic manner and missing everything in our path. :) A wonderful day to you!
ReplyDeleteLaura
My Dears,
ReplyDeleteThank you, each and every one of you, for the kind words. Sometimes I put in writing what I feel at the moment, as a reminder for those days when I'm blue...tis then I count my blessings and cheer myself right up. The sun will always shine after the clouds have disappeared.
Hugs to you all!!
xoxo
Sandra
Thank you Sandra for this thoughtful reminder to live in the day. We are so often swept up in so many directions - no wonder the time flies by so quickly. The weeks seem to be romping ahead but I'm glad it's spring now and we have some lazy sunny summer days to look forward to. I wish you a productive and sunny week ahead.
ReplyDeleteJeanne x
Hello Miss Sandra, I have popped over from Alina's blog...I loved your words today - we watched our daughter make her debut on Friday night, and it hit me - where have all of those years gone? She is becoming a woman, and it seems like yesterday she was a babe in my arms...we need to cherish every moment, you are so right x
ReplyDeleteJeanne,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your thoughts..and yes, we do have some lazy summer days to look forward to. I can imagine just how lovely they are in England. *sigh* Oh to be in England! :)
Carousel Dreams,
How lovely for you to pop by. So nice to meet you! Yes, I've noticed the same thing with many of my friends who are mothers..they blink, and their babies are full grown women. Enjoy every single moment of them. I hope you stop by for tea again.
Hugs to you both!
Sandra